What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 6-25-2019
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What a week, RoundUppers! :eek:

So many titles! Some really interesting stuff.

Everything from Gaslight to the 2019 Dumbo to a documentary on the politics of Kangaroos.

Have fun! Shop safely! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I'm good with my Diamond Edition of Cinderella and don't need the Dumbo remake at all.

I'm actually getting a new release next week that you didn't include in the Roundup. Transit only played 72 theaters earlier this year, and its gross is $814,168, so I think it's fair to say most people don't know about it. But I love it and saw it twice and am happy to add it to my collection. I've had it on pre-order with Amazon for a while and next Tuesday is the scheduled release date, but I haven't been notified of a delivery date. I guess it's such a small release they probably aren't getting that many orders for it, and I'll get it when I get it.

Anyway, I think the movie is wonderful -- its source novel is too -- and wrote about it extensively in the Movies forum. Our protagonist is Georg, who agrees at the beginning of the film to deliver a pair of letters to a prominent writer, Weidel, in the city during wartime. However, Weidel has taken his own life, so Georg ends up assuming his identity in the hopes of getting a visa which had been promised to Weidel. As Georg tries to arrange passage for himself he meets Weidel's estranged wife, who is unaware of the suicide and thinks her husband has abandoned her. Things between them get complicated.

@bujaki and I were the only two people to post about it during the theatrical run, but if anyone else is interested, go look at that thread. here.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/transit -2018.359693/

I very highly recommend checking out the movie now that it's about to be available in-home (including presumably for rentals.) Amazon has the disc for $24.99, and I will pay that much for it: https://www.amazon.com/Transit-Blu-...ansit+blu-ray&qid=1561067356&s=gateway&sr=8-1. I wholly understand if people might not want to pay that much for a blind purchase, but it's definitely worth a rental at least.

If you are interested, I would advise you NOT to look up the trailer, which is way too spoiler-laden.

Transit.jpg

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a must buy for me, one of my favorite musicals, but I'm going to wait for the B&N Criterion sale next month.

Thanks as always, Mike!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Lots of appetizing releases this week. I'll be looking to add several to the collection over the next few months.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Wanna work up the ambition to check out Criterion's restoration of War and Peace; also may upgrade Cinderella to 4K at some point.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Cinderella and Dumbo, though likely not this week. The price hasn't budged at Amazon, so I'll wait a bit for them to be available for discount somewhere else (likely Disney Movie Club).

Thank you Mike!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for the Round-up Mike ...

I ordered War and Peace from Target.com with and used some gift cards to get the price to close to $20.00 ...I saw the book and waited for the movie ... ;)!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a must buy for me, one of my favorite musicals, but I'm going to wait for the B&N Criterion sale next month.

Thanks as always, Mike!

Good news if reports are correct that the B&N sale starts this Friday June 28 similar to last year when it started the Friday before July 4 instead of Tuesday afterward

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Best Buy has the 4k Steelbook of Bad Boys 1 & 2 on sale this week for $14.99

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I want to pick up seven titles so this has to be the biggest week single for me in years. At some point, I'll get Dumbo, The Green Inferno, Hedwig And The Angry Inch, Lost Highway, Monster On The Campus, The New York Ripper and Night Of The Creeps.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I posted earlier about Transit, which does have a release date of today but hasn't shipped from Amazon yet. It is still showing as "We need a little more time to provide you with an estimated delivery date." The order page for the Blu-ray lists it as "Temporarily out of stock, order now and we'll deliver when available." I don't think I have a better option than to keep the order, since it's not likely something that would be stocked in stores around here, but this is nonetheless annoying. I pre-ordered this a couple months ago, so there should have been enough time for Amazon to obtain the disc and get it shipped to me by release date.

Edit: I just checked Best Buy's website for Transit, and they have it listed as a pre-order releasing on July 9. Amazon's site has always displayed a June 25 date for it. I wonder if it's been delayed and Amazon didn't notice.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon has now updated the listing for Transit, listing it as as a pre-order again for July 9 release, instead of a "temporarily out of stock" item that was released this week. Since other sites already had it listed for July 9, it looks like it might always have been July 9 and Amazon originally had the date wrong. It is on digital this week, so perhaps whoever programmed Amazon's site in the first place assumed that the disc was coming out the same day as the digital release when in fact they have two separate dates. Anyway, I'll get it in two weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread