What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
After a very successful run during the 1960’s, Hammer Films began to run into trouble in the 1970’s; fortunes were not what it used to be, as the market was saturated with rival companies in the horror trade and the company was in threat of going under. Seeking to boost their fortunes, Hammer teamed up with Warner Bros. and the Shaw Brothers of the Hong Kong film industry to help finance a couple of projects; one of the two projects was The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires, a melding of Hammer’s classic Dracula movies with the lucrative kung fu genre that was booming following the success of Enter the Dragon (1973). Previously released on DVD by Anchor Bay, Shout Factory – through the Scream Factory label and their deal with the modern Hammer Films – has revived The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires for its Blu-ray debut.

The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (1974)...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Nice review.

It has been many years since I watched this last. The video quality is great. I also like the reversible cover art.

Very fun movie.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
First bought it as a non-anamorphic DVD, then anamorphic. I like the movie but not likely to triple dip on this title.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I missed this review when you first posted it: well done. As a longtime Hammer fan it’s certainly a bizarre production, but there are moments that really work. Very enjoyable for fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks