What's new

Pre-Order Pacific Heights (1990) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71MauWlP45L._SX522_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Pacific Heights is an excellent thriller that I would consider a neo-noir. The rainy/foggy & picturesque San Francisco setting; the storyline involving a harassing, evil, & mysterious tenant (Keaton); and the moody, jazzy score definitely reminded me of those old 1940's/1950's noirs, but with a great late '80's vibe/tone.

Re-watching PH recently reminded me - yet again - why I decided against ever becoming a landlord. What a hassle; I know the Keaton character in the film was an extreme case of a bad tenant, but over the years I've had friends who were property owners, and they told me they've had horrible tenants who refused to pay their rent on time (if at all), tenants who tried to get out of their leases, etc. And, the film is correct in that it is tough to evict them in many cases, and may take months (if not longer) - plus a he$$ of a lot of money in legal fees.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks