Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

The Trouble With Angels Blu-ray Review
the-trouble-with-angels-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Looking forward to receiving this as I have never seen the film.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope you'll love it.

I mostly watch movies from the 1930's and 1940's, but this one ranks very high on my list of favorites. Fell in love with it 6 or 7 years ago when I watched it on Turner Classic Movies because it had Hayley Mills and Rosalind Russell listed in the channel guide description. Since then I bet I've rewatched it a dozen times.

And I sure wish there were 20 more movies with June Harding in them. Despite being unknown to me before watching this, I think her character is my favorite in the film. Very fine actress.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I'm very surprised that SONY put out this film on bluray. Don't get me wrong I like it a lot and I'm very happy they've done it. But then they had specialty companies put out huge popular successes like Bye Bye Birdie and I believe Oliver! with limited pressings that sold out quickly and have no upcoming pressings? Are there people in important positions who have no idea what they are doing? Really bizarre.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm very surprised that SONY put out this film on bluray. Don't get me wrong I like it a lot and I'm very happy they've done it. But then they had specialty companies put out huge popular successes like Bye Bye Birdie and I believe Oliver! with limited pressings that sold out quickly and have no upcoming pressings? Are there people in important positions who have no idea what they are doing? Really bizarre.
Oliver! was recently re-issued as part of Sony's MOD program, much like Trouble with Angels. It is likely that Bye Bye Birdie will follow on MOD later on down the road, as many of the studio's formerly licensed Twilight Time titles have been re-issued under this program.

Reactions: PMF

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Thank You! Is the quality of the Mods as good as the original Twilight Time? Are they exactly the same?

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Has anybody received this yet? I'm awaiting my pre-order from Amazon (with a date of June 25th) and it is not yet shipped.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Has anybody received this yet? I'm awaiting my pre-order from Amazon (with a date of June 25th) and it is not yet shipped.

My Amazon order was officially 'delayed' as of last Thursday (the day they told me it would arrive) with no new shipping date mentioned. I don't think they got stock in time to make the original date and didn't know when more would arrive. I was away and never noticed that I didn't get a shipped notification and was sort of expecting to be here when I got back (oops!)

I just got a notification earlier that it shipped today and is due to be here on July 2nd.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I suspect everyone who ordered from Not Amazon got their item. Mine delivered from B&N the day prior to release -- preordered 6/16 and delivered with Birdy and Gaslight 6/24

If Amazon follows their recent pattern I'd suspect they should ship sometime late this week though July 4th may mess things up.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I suspect everyone who ordered from Not Amazon got their item. Mine delivered from B&N the day prior to release -- preordered 6/16 and delivered with Birdy and Gaslight 6/24

If Amazon follows their recent pattern I'd suspect they should ship sometime late this week though July 4th may mess things up.
I hope so. It's not available a lot places now.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
As I noted in my review, many of the more popular Sony MOD titles often sell out in their first pressings. Be patient and check back with your favorite online retailer once a week to see if they are taking orders again.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel

I got a message that amazon sent it out today and I should get it by Saturday! Yay!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I watched it last night. Safe to order for those wondering if it's OAR. It's almost 16:9, not sure of the exact ratio. Had about an inch of black on bottom and top on my 42 inch screen. Good colors. Good cinematography for what was I'm sure a budget film for Columbia. Sound is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks