What's new

Here's Lucy Complete Series going oop? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Does any body know if there's a reason to do a panic buy of Here's Lucy the Complete series? Like an OOP possibility? I noticed amazon it's $145 for a new one, another listing $612!!!! Maybe out of stock? Walmart has some at about $80, Target sold out, Best Buy it's $130, B&N $160!!, TCM shop $100.. etc. $80 isn't bad. I need to save money but I"m thinking of going ahead with it so I don't miss out. But I'm so behind on Lucy would rather wait.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
If you really want it I'd buy it now . You never know when these things are going to go out of print .

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
If you really want it I'd buy it now . You never know when these things are going to go out of print .
that's usually what I do. But money is suddenly a problem. I way behind on buying the mst3k sets. Plus I need this lucy set. so I'm watching all those for oop signs. If I can wait I sure want to...

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
There is listing on ebay for a complete series set new for $39.99. However it says it is from China so maybe a bootleg.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Does any body know if there's a reason to do a panic buy of Here's Lucy the Complete series? Like an OOP possibility? I noticed amazon it's $145 for a new one, another listing $612!!!! Maybe out of stock? Walmart has some at about $80, Target sold out, Best Buy it's $130, B&N $160!!, TCM shop $100.. etc. $80 isn't bad. I need to save money but I"m thinking of going ahead with it so I don't miss out. But I'm so behind on Lucy would rather wait.
Michael's Movie Mahem shows it to be in print... while that's been a very reliable site that could change quickly and seeing as how many Amazon MP dealers have it at stupid prices seems to point in that direction plus it's from MPI who seems to have those things happen frequently (i.e. in print one day and the next OOP with no notice and commanding stupid high prices).

Camelcamelcamel shows Amazon to not have had stock since roughly October 1st 2019. That's a pretty good sign it's either OOP or in short supply. MP vendors haven't had truly "good" prices for most of that time frame.

That said, the individual seasons are still at their normal ~$22 each price (6 seasons) with used prices for most much lower.

It's also available on Amazon Prime for free streaming. I realize that could go away any time but have been using it to determine if I wanted to pick up a few seasons "just in case." I didn't much care for it when it originally aired and still don't as Lucy just seemed to be on auto-pilot with recycled scripts and mostly poor acting from her kids. In spite of that I'm leaning towards getting at least the first 2 seasons.

Considering what you've said - If it were me I'd be looking very hard at picking up one of those ~$80 copies from WM while they still have some. At least you have a 90 day return window with them. I know lots of people who use Ebay and trust them. I'm not one of those people, especially for media purchases as they have too high a history of bootlegs.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Same here Bob with ebay. I got burned already with Maude, still need to get a real copy. I much rather get it than Here's Lucy from the sound of it. BUt sometimes old shows even ones that are all corny and phoned in like you said just take me back. The Lucy Show was actually the first one I remember watching, me and sis used to in the middle of the day when we were kids. But I sure don't remember Here's Lucy. But I'll sure take your warning and watch some youtubes since I don't remember it at all.

Gary, ebay is dangerous. There are a few sellers that are okay on ebay but they usually have prices that are normal. $40 from China is definitely pirate booty! I'd definitely research anything off there. tell the seller they'll get it back if it's bootleg or chinese fakery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks