What's new

A PEEK AT KLUTE (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I saw Klute on its opening day and was crazy about it and went back about six times during the run. The style of it, the direction, photography, music - was completely unique. And the performances were absolutely incredible. I've seen it a few times over the years and it's always riveting.

Seeing it now is like a time capsule of a different world, but that's fun. Jane Fonda is great, Donald Sutherland is great, Charles Cioffi is great and in a small role Roy Scheider is great. Happily, the Criterion Blu-ray is pretty stellar and looks pretty fantastic. Accurate color, beautiful contrast, and not easy when it's Gordon Willis, but his operator, Michael Chapman, supervised, so that was a good thing. It's great to have this and looking so splendid.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
One of my favorite also. I was tearing tickets at our single screen downtown theatre when this was released. After closing each night I watched the last 2/3 of the film five nights a week for 4 weeks. It always held my attention. So looking forward to this release.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I've never much cared for the film as a thriller. It's a thriller without suspense or thrills and pretty much a bust in that area. But as an intimate psychological look at a call girl, it works and it contains one of the greatest performance by an actress ever put on the screen. Jane Fonda's stunning performance ranks right up there with Vivien Leigh's Blanche, Falconetti's Jeanne D'Arc, Bette Davis's Leslie Crosbie, Liv Ullmann's Jenny Isaksson and Geraldine Page's Alexandra Del Lago.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I forgot this was coming out on Criterion. I just
blind-ordered it from Amazon (I’ve never seen it before).

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I've never much cared for the film as a thriller. It's a thriller without suspense or thrills and pretty much a bust in that area. But as an intimate psychological look at a call girl, it works and it contains one of the greatest performance by an actress ever put on the screen. Jane Fonda's stunning performance ranks right up there with Vivien Leigh's Blanche, Falconetti's Jeanne D'Arc, Bette Davis's Leslie Crosbie, Liv Ullmann's Jenny Isaksson and Geraldine Page's Alexandra Del Lago.

I agree about Fonda’s extraordinary performance in it, but I actually quite like it as a thriller. It scared the bejesus out of me in a couple of scenes. I found it very suspenseful at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks