What's new

2019 Shout! Comic-Con Announcment Predictions (2 Viewers)

If some of these titles were announced, what would you want the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
Time to predict what Shout! will announce for the rest of the year at Comic Con. After that wonderful “Dances With Wolves” set last year (which I plan to get, by the way), here is what I predict for the ComicCon announcement…

From Shout! Select:
DUNE (remastered theatrical, NOT the Buffalo Jack Spit “Allen Smithee” version)
STAR TREK: The Motion Picture
KRAMER vs. KRAMER
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
SUPERMAN II (all versions)
PAPER MOON

From Scream! Factory:
AUDREY ROSE
LEGEND (all four versions including the DIrector’s Cut, Theatrical Cut, TV cut, and the European Cut)
POLTERGEIST (all films in the series since Shout! now has a deal with both WB and MGM)

From Shout! Kids:
All the RANKIN BASS specials owned by Universal in deluxe editions -or- since they have a deal with WB, a DEFINITIVE set of ALL the specials
Disney’s KIM POSSIBLE (complete series)
More MY LITTLE PONY
Hasbro’s MOONDREAMERS

BTW I did talk to Shout! via PM and they said DUNE would make a great title. So what do you think?

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
I'd say those are ambitious predictions. I don't personally think you'll see too many of them come true this week, but dare to dream...

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
If Shout does anything with the Rankin-Bass specials (which I doubt), they’d better at the very least fix the audio on Little Drummer Boy.

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
Out of all of these, I can only see Dune (good luck getting David Lynch involved in that one), Legend, Audrey Rose, maybe Kramer and Fiddler. Kim Possible could be possible, and maybe the Rankin-Bass specials as well (more likely the later ones). Superman II is definitely a pipe dream (Does anyone seriously think WB would relax their iron grip on anything Superman-related?)

I hope that somehow Shout gets Disney to license some of their live-action titles from the late-70s and 80s. Watcher in the Woods and Return to Oz would be perfect, and Dragonslayer needs some love, too. And some more Cannon titles as well; we cannot be deprived of a deluxe collector's edition of Tough Guys Don't Dance.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Im guessing Shout / Scream may have been able to compile a Nightmare on Elm Street blu-ray box set with the classic New Line Elm Street films.

Guessing we will finally get original mono and stereo audio options (depending on each film’s original audio)

As far as the original POLTERGEIST goes, it is hard to even try for a true special edition for it. Even WB attempted... POLTERGEIST is better off as a WB 4K UHD with a New Dolby Atmos audio track (7.1 core) Would be nice to get the Original Stereo audio track. Those two audio options and a new 4K scan would be heaven.

Honestly, I don't want another Poltergeist blu unless it comes as a bonus disc with the 4K disc.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I can see Scream Factory announcing more Hammer Horrors (Abominable Snowman, Curse of Frankenstein) The Fly and The Fly II CE's , Let's Scare Jessica to Death, The Monster Squad, Prophecy , MY Bloody Valentine, Ticks, The Vindicator , and hopefully more Val Lewton or some other older titles. Id love a Boris Karloff at Sony set on Blu Ray, especially if it had The Devil Commands

As for Shout - since they have a deal with Fox I really hope that they will release ALL the Mr. Moto and Charlie Chan films on Blu-ray

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
For Scream Factory (assuming the rumour of a Paramount deal is true):

Let's Scare Jessica to Death
The Keep
April Fool's Day
Prophecy (1979)
My Bloody Valentine

Alligator
Fright Night Part II
Alone in the Dark (1982)
Deadly Friend
Jason Goes to Hell
Jason X

Shout!/Shout Select:

The Duelists
Parallax View
Paper Moon

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Out of all of these, I can only see Dune (good luck getting David Lynch involved in that one)...
Someone is working on a special edition of Dune. Bill Ackerman of the Supporting Characters podcast mentioned it during an interview he did with Susan Arosteguy for an episode of Just the Discs that was focused on Criterion's David Lynch releases.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Scream said they were announcing 15 titles. It might be a longshot but it sounds like they could have a franchise or 2
I was thinking maybe they have the series for Nightmare on Elm Street and / or Friday the 13th. That's 15 films+ between the two. Shout is rumored to have a deal with Paramount with Let's Scare Jessica to Death being ' leaked' - so they actually have licensed both Freddy and Jason.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
And here it is (on Facebook)...https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/1539363972867275?__tn__=K-R

I'm most excited for a full-color DRACULA (79) at last, and a domestic Blu of ROAD GAMES. No KRAMER VS. KRAMER in this particular batch. :)

We just revealed a whopping 20+ upcoming films in person at our San Diego Comic Con panel! The following list are the exciting Blu-rays in progress and all the details we have at the moment.

• THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN (1957) – Early ’50s chiller starring Peter Cushing (in his first film for Hammer Films). Expected release: Nov 2019.

• BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (1986) – We aim to create the definitive release of one of John Carpenter’s biggest and most beloved films in a 2-disc set. To raise the stakes, we’ll be releasing a Collector’s Edition and a Steelbook™ (both with the same content) simultaneously on the same date. Expected release: Nov or Dec 2019.

• BODY PARTS (1991) – After losing his arm in a car accident, a criminal psychologist has it replaced with a limb that belonged to a serial killer. Jeff Fahey (The Lawnmower Man) stars in Eric Red’s (Bad Moon) underrated flick. Expected Release: Jan 2020.

• DR JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE (1971) – This gender-bending excursion from Hammer Films is quite the trip! Ralph Bates stars in this thriller directed by Roy Ward Baker (The Vampire Lovers). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• DRACULA (1979) (Collector’s Edition) – John Badham’s slick and sophisticated telling of the legendary story flies into our midst in a 2-disc set. Includes a new transfer of the theatrical version as seen in theaters in 1979 with full color as well as the alternate director-approved version of the film created in 1991 for home video with a muted color palette. Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• THE FAN (1981) – This often-overlooked ’80s slasher film (which originally came out in theaters the same month as The Burning, Friday the 13th Part 2, Graduation Day and Happy Birthday to Me) stars Michael Biehn (Aliens) playing a deranged admirer who sets his sights on a Broadway star (screen legend Lauren Bacall). Score by Pino Donaggio (Dressed to Kill). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• THE FLY COLLECTION – The insect-morphing franchise buzzes into town in a complete set that includes the original terrors The Fly (1958), Return of the Fly (1959), Curse of the Fly (1965) as well as the horrifying reboots The Fly (1986) and The Fly II (1989). We’re setting this packaging up just like we did recently for Critters and The Omen collections (Rigid slipcase, individual cases). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• LET’S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (1971) – This creepy, atmospheric and very underrated psychological cult classic from the early ’70s makes its long-awaited Blu-ray format debut! Expected Release: Jan 2020.

• MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Don’t have a heart attack but “Harry Warden” is back!! ❤ The original ’80s slasher film receives more love and attention from us with a planned 2-Disc set. Expected Release: Feb 2020 — before Valentine’s Day.

• PET SEMATARY II (1992) (Collector’s Edition) – Mary Lambert’s entertaining follow up to her 1989 original film based on the Stephen King novel stars Edward Furlong (Brainscan), Anthony Edwards (Revenge of the Nerds) and Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption). Expected Release: Feb 2020.

• PROPHECY (1979) – Writer David Seltzer (The Omen) and Director John Frankenheimer (The Manchurian Candidate) spin a monstrous yarn about the dangers of environmental pollution in the deep woods of Maine. Robert Foxworth (Damien: Omen II) and Talia Shire (Rocky) star with horrifying monster makeup effects by Thomas Burman (Invasion of the Body Snatchers). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• ROAD GAMES (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Legendary Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis hits the roads with Stacy Keach (The New Mike Hammer) and a serial killer against a deserted Australian backdrop. From Director Richard Franklin (Psycho II, Patrick). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• SILVER BULLET (1985) (Collector’s Edition) – A werewolf terrorizes a small New England town in this fang-baring film written by Stephen King. Stars Corey Haim (The Lost Boys), Everett McGill (Twin Peaks) and Gary Busey (The Buddy Holly Story). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• UNIVERSAL HORROR COLLECTION VOLUME III – Another round of early classic horror films are on tap with Tower of London (1939), Man Made Monster (1941), The Black Cat (1941) and Horror Island (1941). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

All releases are Region A for U.S. and Canadian Territories.

Also announced tonight: More Exclusive-to-Scream Factory NECA© action figures are coming soon!

• NIGHT OF THE DEMONS – Last year we unleashed the limited-edition “Angela” character… but we all know she needs her friends to party with! Terrifying “Suzanne” and “Stooge” demons are ready to let loose and will be sold as a 2-pack with an expected release before Halloween 2019.

• THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE – The 1982 driller-killer slasher classic will see its central villain “Russ Thorn” getting the toy treatment. New Steelbook packaging plus a new 4K scan of the film is also in the works. Expected release date: Jan 2020.

Be the first to know when these become available to pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/new-title-announcements-fro…/

And if that weren’t enough good news, we’ll add some more! We have even more titles and deals in the works that should take us through the end of 2020 if all goes accordingly to plan. So if you didn’t see one of your favorites here, it may very well be in progress for near year and announced in the future.

If you've made it this far, we definitely want to take this moment to sincerely thank you guys for the support and love during the last 7 seven years of Scream Factory. It’s a rollercoaster of a brand as you know…and we couldn’t do it without you! ❤

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I can see Scream Factory announcing more Hammer Horrors (Abominable Snowman, Curse of Frankenstein) The Fly and The Fly II CE's , Let's Scare Jessica to Death, The Monster Squad, Prophecy , MY Bloody Valentine, Ticks, The Vindicator , and hopefully more Val Lewton or some other older titles. Id love a Boris Karloff at Sony set on Blu Ray, especially if it had The Devil Commands

As for Shout - since they have a deal with Fox I really hope that they will release ALL the Mr. Moto and Charlie Chan films on Blu-ray

well my first hunches were pretty damn good, as I bolded the ones I had thought could happen. Certainly Friday the 13th and its sequels are possible, I would think, plus others both in the horror and non-horror genres

I really want War of the World, King Kong ,Graveyard Shift, The Golden Child, Another 48 Hours and The Shootist the most from Paramount

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
The titles are in, and sadly, for the second straight year, I struck out on all the predicted titles. No DUNE or LEGEND (looks like we may see them from Kino or Arrow). Some of you did get your own predictions correct.

Shout is scoring big on the former Embassy titles now owned by StudioCanal (especially THE GRADUATE, which will make the Criterion blu Ray collectible now that it will be OOP). And they have strengthened their relationship with Paramount, as well as Disney over the Fox titles they were able to get (BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, all the FLY films, etc.), but TWINS was the big surprise here, getting the deluxe blu ray treatment here.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m not sure that’s a correct analysis.

The Fox deals with Shout were almost certainly complete before the Disney takeover.

There’s no indication that the Criterion Graduate is going out of print. That Bancroft announcement is bizarre. Criterion has US rights on Graduate and Twilight Time has Don’t Bother To Knock. I don’t think the market can bear a third release of Graduate or second release of Knock on Blu-ray.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
And here it is (on Facebook)...https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/1539363972867275?__tn__=K-R

I'm most excited for a full-color DRACULA (79) at last, and a domestic Blu of ROAD GAMES. No KRAMER VS. KRAMER in this particular batch. :)

We just revealed a whopping 20+ upcoming films in person at our San Diego Comic Con panel! The following list are the exciting Blu-rays in progress and all the details we have at the moment.

• THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN (1957) – Early ’50s chiller starring Peter Cushing (in his first film for Hammer Films). Expected release: Nov 2019.

• BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (1986) – We aim to create the definitive release of one of John Carpenter’s biggest and most beloved films in a 2-disc set. To raise the stakes, we’ll be releasing a Collector’s Edition and a Steelbook™ (both with the same content) simultaneously on the same date. Expected release: Nov or Dec 2019.

• BODY PARTS (1991) – After losing his arm in a car accident, a criminal psychologist has it replaced with a limb that belonged to a serial killer. Jeff Fahey (The Lawnmower Man) stars in Eric Red’s (Bad Moon) underrated flick. Expected Release: Jan 2020.

• DR JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE (1971) – This gender-bending excursion from Hammer Films is quite the trip! Ralph Bates stars in this thriller directed by Roy Ward Baker (The Vampire Lovers). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• DRACULA (1979) (Collector’s Edition) – John Badham’s slick and sophisticated telling of the legendary story flies into our midst in a 2-disc set. Includes a new transfer of the theatrical version as seen in theaters in 1979 with full color as well as the alternate director-approved version of the film created in 1991 for home video with a muted color palette. Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• THE FAN (1981) – This often-overlooked ’80s slasher film (which originally came out in theaters the same month as The Burning, Friday the 13th Part 2, Graduation Day and Happy Birthday to Me) stars Michael Biehn (Aliens) playing a deranged admirer who sets his sights on a Broadway star (screen legend Lauren Bacall). Score by Pino Donaggio (Dressed to Kill). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• THE FLY COLLECTION – The insect-morphing franchise buzzes into town in a complete set that includes the original terrors The Fly (1958), Return of the Fly (1959), Curse of the Fly (1965) as well as the horrifying reboots The Fly (1986) and The Fly II (1989). We’re setting this packaging up just like we did recently for Critters and The Omen collections (Rigid slipcase, individual cases). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• LET’S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (1971) – This creepy, atmospheric and very underrated psychological cult classic from the early ’70s makes its long-awaited Blu-ray format debut! Expected Release: Jan 2020.

• MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Don’t have a heart attack but “Harry Warden” is back!! ❤ The original ’80s slasher film receives more love and attention from us with a planned 2-Disc set. Expected Release: Feb 2020 — before Valentine’s Day.

• PET SEMATARY II (1992) (Collector’s Edition) – Mary Lambert’s entertaining follow up to her 1989 original film based on the Stephen King novel stars Edward Furlong (Brainscan), Anthony Edwards (Revenge of the Nerds) and Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption). Expected Release: Feb 2020.

• PROPHECY (1979) – Writer David Seltzer (The Omen) and Director John Frankenheimer (The Manchurian Candidate) spin a monstrous yarn about the dangers of environmental pollution in the deep woods of Maine. Robert Foxworth (Damien: Omen II) and Talia Shire (Rocky) star with horrifying monster makeup effects by Thomas Burman (Invasion of the Body Snatchers). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• ROAD GAMES (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Legendary Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis hits the roads with Stacy Keach (The New Mike Hammer) and a serial killer against a deserted Australian backdrop. From Director Richard Franklin (Psycho II, Patrick). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• SILVER BULLET (1985) (Collector’s Edition) – A werewolf terrorizes a small New England town in this fang-baring film written by Stephen King. Stars Corey Haim (The Lost Boys), Everett McGill (Twin Peaks) and Gary Busey (The Buddy Holly Story). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• UNIVERSAL HORROR COLLECTION VOLUME III – Another round of early classic horror films are on tap with Tower of London (1939), Man Made Monster (1941), The Black Cat (1941) and Horror Island (1941). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

All releases are Region A for U.S. and Canadian Territories.

Also announced tonight: More Exclusive-to-Scream Factory NECA© action figures are coming soon!

• NIGHT OF THE DEMONS – Last year we unleashed the limited-edition “Angela” character… but we all know she needs her friends to party with! Terrifying “Suzanne” and “Stooge” demons are ready to let loose and will be sold as a 2-pack with an expected release before Halloween 2019.

• THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE – The 1982 driller-killer slasher classic will see its central villain “Russ Thorn” getting the toy treatment. New Steelbook packaging plus a new 4K scan of the film is also in the works. Expected release date: Jan 2020.

Be the first to know when these become available to pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/new-title-announcements-fro…/

And if that weren’t enough good news, we’ll add some more! We have even more titles and deals in the works that should take us through the end of 2020 if all goes accordingly to plan. So if you didn’t see one of your favorites here, it may very well be in progress for near year and announced in the future.

If you've made it this far, we definitely want to take this moment to sincerely thank you guys for the support and love during the last 7 seven years of Scream Factory. It’s a rollercoaster of a brand as you know…and we couldn’t do it without you! ❤

What about ...Rasputin the Mad Monk (1965) Hammer Films with Christopher Lee in one of his Best Performances ! ??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks