What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Following the success of Airport (1970) at the box office, Universal Studios quickly looked to cash in on the trend of disaster pictures they helped usher in at the start of the decade. However, the success of Irwin Allen’s The Poseidon Adventure (1972) for 20th Century Fox forced the studio to step up their game; the result, Earthquake, offered up a Grand Hotel style cast with innovations in technological and special effects. Previously released by Universal on both DVD and Blu-ray, Shout Factory has licensed the film for their Shout Select line and given it a two disc “Collector’s Edition”.

Earthquake (1974)

Released: 15 Nov 1974
Rated: PG
Runtime: 122 min

Director: Mark Robson
Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller

Cast: Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner, George Kennedy, Lorne Greene
Writer(s): George Fox, Mario Puzo...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I want to let you all know that I've slightly changed my review in the audio section, as I just realized that the 2.1 track closely replicates the original Sensurround mix and most people probably don't have the capabilities to authentically recreate the original experience with their own home theater.

That being said, I would like to say that when watching the movie with this track, I did notice that I was physically anxious and felt tense for a while; I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced something similar to this as well - as I suspect not everyone will experience the same case as I did.

philip*eric

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
philip jaeger
I am so glad I just purchased this. It is really an experience the 1st time you see this film(despite some faux pas).so I am looking forward to seeing it again I bought mine from Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller - best price online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks