What's new

CBS Online adds another original series (1 Viewer)

Does the addition Star Trek: Picard compel you to subscribe to CBS Online ?

• Total voters

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
CBS Online is adding another original series called Star Trek: Picard!

Should be concerned about the streaming model and how long it can survive with the number of services online and the separate cost for each? How many people have the available funds to subscribe to multiple services just to have access to original content tied to particular services? I personally have Dish Network and in the past had Netflix and after loosing my job had to cut Netflix. During that time CBS had offered a new show called Star Trek: Discovery that is only available on CBS Online. While I was interested in a new Star Trek show I was not about to pay for a service just to be able to watch it. Now we have yet another new Star Trek show but something that I figure may be more interesting to Trek fans as it is centered around the character Picard of Star Trek Next Generation. Did the trailer of Star Trek: Picard peak my interest? Yes it did but once again it is a matter of paying a service just to watch it and most likely it would be a fee payed to watch two series and that would be it most likely. I still plan on getting Netflix back but how much content do I need access to and how much of my income can I justify using on entertainment. Something many of us here are most likely asking ourselves on a regular basis. It also ends up being a matter of how much time do I have to watch multiple sources of content?

4K UHD Blu-ray Player
HD-DVD Player (Current issues makes this player unusable)
4K Apple TV
Dish Network
Movies Anywhere
Vudu

So do I really need to start paying for Netflix again and then can I afford another service like CBS Online and can I really justify it? So I would also like to hear from others here, what are your thoughts on the current model where studios like WB, Disney and others having there own services with there separate costs? Are you staying away from the extra cost and because of the finite amount of time you have to actually watch all the content you have access to? To be honest I have content stacking up on my DVR and I am under utilizing my Dish Network subscription at this time. Since getting my 4K Apple TV I really do not have much need for Movies Anywhere and Vudu which are free so I am not out of money due to not using the service. Titles on HD-DVD will slowly be replaced by Blu-ray, 4K UHD Blu-ray and Digital version of what I have on HD-DVD. What are your thoughts on CBS Online and does this new series compel you to add CBS Online?

https://www.cbs.com/all-access/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&ref=__iv_p_1_g_15527027287_w_kwd-381450526757_h_9031052_ii__d_c_v__n_g_c_247169935667_l__t__e__r_1t1_vi__&ftag=AAM03c5ced&vndid=google$null$null$cbs online&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_KajytHG4wIVh6_sCh0CVwxOEAAYASAAEgLTyvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&_ivgu=cbe19a2a-a5df-4c2a-8087-cbded3b7a7a6

There are two ways to enjoy the CBS All Access experience!

Limited Commercials Plan
Watch CBS All Access on-demand shows with limited commercial interruptions for $5.99 per month, plus any applicable state taxes.

Commercial Free Plan
Enjoy premium viewing of CBS All Access on-demand shows, free from commercial interruption* for only $9.99 per month, plus any applicable taxes.
Want to save over 15%? Sign up for an annual plan! We offer both Limited Commercial ($59.99 per year) and Commercial Free ($99.99 per year) annual plans.

To enroll, just click here, then click "Try it Free" (new subscribers only).

All CBS All Access Subscription Plans Include

• Over 10,000 episodes from current seasons to complete past seasons of shows (e.g. CSI:Miami, MacGyver etc.)
  • Access to Live TV across the country (in select markets)
  • Streaming across devices including: Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, Android TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Samsung Smart TV
*Live TV includes commercials, and select shows have promotional interruptions.

Edit: I tried to go back and edit the poll which I could not do. Anywhere I have CBS Online please replace with CBS All-Access brought to my attention by AcesHighStudios.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Say it with me my people you...

:emoji_clap:Rotate:emoji_clap:your:emoji_clap: subscriptions

Over the past year I have watched all the shows from every available service and yet never paid more than $15/month.

It is becoming so common that it even factored into the news regarding Netflix this week:

"Tim Nollen of Macquarie Research pointed out that 'We do expect consumers to jump on and off these services more frequently, which may lead to more sub volatility over time, which raises the stakes on producing and timing popular shows and marketing them effectively.'”

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was not aware it was announced that long ago. The trailer is very interesting and it looks like something I would be interested in watching. Do you subscribe to CBS Online or are you considering it?
I do because of Star Trek Discovery..a terrific series.

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
It's CBS All-Access. They spent a lot of money on the marketing of that name. Guess it failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks