What's new

Disney+ THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Coming to Disney+ in the Fall of 2020, Marvel Studios’ “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” stars Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and Daniel Brühl.

upload_2019-7-21_18-2-54.jpeg

I’m really looking forward to this!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At D23, it was announced that Emily VanCamp will reprise her role as Sharon Carter from the Captain America movies. Wyatt Russell will play John Walker. In the comics, John Walker serves as more realistic and pragmatic contrast to the idealistic Steve Rogers. He has been both the villainous Super-Patriot and the anti-hero U.S. Agent.

Kari Skogland ("The Handmaid's Tale") is the producing director. Malcolm Spellman ("Empire") is the showrunner. Derek Kolstad (writer of all three John Wick movies) is on the writing staff.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Sebastian Stan getting conditioned for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

I’m really looking forward to seeing the further development of Bucky Barnes in the MCU.

Super Soldier conditioning, bionic vibramium arm, a man out of time just like Steve Rogers, and a dark history that warrants a redemption arc for the character. He may not be the next “Captain America” due to his tainted past, but the appeal of that character for me has always been the man behind the title. That’s why I’m really excited to see what develops with both Sam Wilson and Bucky Barnes going forward. Both bringing different elements of “Cap” into these two characters.

BBBD149D-C6E2-4178-B38C-70482AD645EC.jpeg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Because Marvel has not made an official announcement about this, I'm going to go ahead and put this in spoiler tags in case anyone is particularly sensitive about these matters. But I don't like spoilers and I don't personally think that it qualifies as one.

Georges St-Pierre is reprising his role as Georges Batroc. He was last seen all the way back in The Winter Soldier film in 2014.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite as excited for this as I am for "WandaVision" but it definitely looks great. The first half of the trailer felt a lot like Winter Soldier while the second half of the trailer felt a lot like (strangely enough) the climax of Superman III.

Was that Erin Kellyman 24 seconds in putting the mask on? I really liked her in Solo, so I'd be happy to see her show up here.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm not quite as excited for this as I am for "WandaVision" but it definitely looks great. The first half of the trailer felt a lot like Winter Soldier while the second half of the trailer felt a lot like (strangely enough) the climax of Superman III.

Was that Erin Kellyman 24 seconds in putting the mask on? I really liked her in Solo, so I'd be happy to see her show up here.
Yes, that’s her.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm not quite as excited for this as I am for "WandaVision" but it definitely looks great.

This seems more like the same-old-same-old while WandaVision looks like something bizarre and different.

That said, I'm more interested in this, because I'm more interested in the lead characters than I am in Wanda and Vision.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm hoping this is a good political thriller the way Captain America: The Winter Solider was.

The trailer gave away almost nothing of the story, it just gave you the impression it would have a lot of action.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'm hoping this is a good political thriller the way Captain America: The Winter Solider was.

The trailer gave away almost nothing of the story, it just gave you the impression it would have a lot of action.

The only thing that stood out to me plot-wise was the very blonde guard set against the otherwise dark hallway scene (0:21 into the trailer). I assume this is John Walker/US Patriot. I also assume that's who is wearing the more classic looking Captain American costume and running out onto the football field (0:44 into the trailer). My guess? The US government has, shall we say, a "different" view of who should be Captain America.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The only thing that stood out to me plot-wise was the very blonde guard set against the otherwise dark hallway scene (0:21 into the trailer). I assume this is John Walker/US Patriot. I also assume that's who is wearing the more classic looking Captain American costume and running out onto the football field (0:44 into the trailer). My guess? The US government has, shall we say, a "different" view of who should be Captain America.
That would be a good guess.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I’m excited about all of the upcoming MCU Disney+ series, and WandaVision does look really cool and unique (in a fascinating way), but I am most excited for this.

Captain America/Steve Rogers is my favorite character and storyline in the MCU so to see the continuation of his legacy with his two closest friends is very appealing to me. I hope this captures the gritty political thriller elements of the first two acts of The Winter Soldier as well as the big, exciting action set pieces of the third act. Based on the trailer, it looks like that is what they are going for.

Its also an interesting situation between the two protagonists. You know when when you kinda hang out with someone but only ever through another friend. When the two of you are together without the common friend it is kinda weird. You’re missing the glue. So it’ll be interesting to see how much they play with that.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
"Superheroes cannot be allowed to exist?" :laugh:

I think Zemo is living in the wrong cinematic universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks