What's new

Delay in sound while changing channel (1 Viewer)

WADDAH MAHMOUD

Auditioning
Real Name
Waddah
Hi all,

I have an LG TV and also an LG home theater with a set top box connected all together. From the TV there is an HDMI cable connected to the set top box and then there is another HDMI cable connected to the home theater. My issue is when changing channels on the set top box, the sound comes out after 3 seconds of changing the channel. I tried a toss link optical cable from the set top box to the home theater ( while still use HDMI from tv to set top box) however the delay still happens. I am not sure what I am missing. Have you seen this kind of behavior? BTW there is no sync issue between the audio and video at all.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hi all,

I have an LG TV and also an LG home theater with a set top box connected all together. From the TV there is an HDMI cable connected to the set top box and then there is another HDMI cable connected to the home theater. My issue is when changing channels on the set top box, the sound comes out after 3 seconds of changing the channel. I tried a toss link optical cable from the set top box to the home theater ( while still use HDMI from tv to set top box) however the delay still happens. I am not sure what I am missing. Have you seen this kind of behavior? BTW there is no sync issue between the audio and video at all.

Sounds like an HDCP "handshaking" issue between the TV and the STB. My first step would be to verify HDCP support for each connected device.

Here's a very basic primer on HDCP

https://support.channelmaster.com/h...-work-all-the-time-or-why-is-it-intermittent-

WADDAH MAHMOUD

Auditioning
Real Name
Waddah
Sounds like an HDCP "handshaking" issue between the TV and the STB. My first step would be to verify HDCP support for each connected device.

Here's a very basic primer on HDCP

https://support.channelmaster.com/h...-work-all-the-time-or-why-is-it-intermittent-
Thank you for your reply.
I have given it another shot and bought another optical cable for audio and this one seems to fix the issue. No delay whatsoever. It seems the other one was a cheap quality hence the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks