What's new

Silicon Valley - Final Season (HBO) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread
Season 3 thread
Season 4 thread
Season 5 thread

First trailer for the sixth (and final) season just dropped:

HBO Press Release said:
HBO COMEDY SERIES "SILICON VALLEY" RETURNS OCTOBER 27 FOR SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON

The HBO comedy series SILICON VALLEY returns for its seven-episode, sixth and final season SUNDAY, OCT. 27 (10:00-10:30 p.m. ET/PT). A collaboration between Mike Judge and Alec Berg, the Emmy(R)-winning and Golden Globe-nominated series takes a comedic look at the modern-day epicenter of the high-tech gold rush, where the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success.

The series stars Thomas Middleditch as Richard, Zach Woods as Jared, Kumail Nanjiani as Dinesh, Martin Starr as Gilfoyle, Amanda Crew as Monica, Jimmy O. Yang as Jian-Yang, Suzanne Cryer as Laurie Bream, Matt Ross as Gavin Belson and Josh Brener as Big Head.

The Atlantic hailed the show's fifth season as "exciting" and "hilarious," while A.V. Club praised the series as having "one of the best comedic ensembles on television."

Judge and Berg serve as executive producers, writers and directors. Executive produced by Clay Tarver, Lew Morton, Michael Rotenberg, Tom Lassally and Jim Kleverweis; co-executive produced by Ron Weiner, Sarah Walker, and Daisy Gardner. Created by Mike Judge & John Altschuler & Dave Krinsky.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
"I missed my godson's 40th birthday..."

I love anything that makes one of my kids shout "What?!"

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Yeah, I know. I watched E01 and E02 back to back; couldn't get to it sooner. That's the joke that immediately came to mind.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure the writers would have taken the big swing they took tonight if they hadn't known it was the final season.

I love having Monica as the CFO, and more integrated into the proceedings. At the venture capital firm, she was like the Greek chorus, watching everything that was happening and commenting on it. Now she's a decision maker, and in just as over her head as the rest of them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"RussFest" was the best episode of the season, and perfectly set up the series finale.

Yes, the hybrid creation AI was a deus ex machina, but it felt perfectly in keeping with a Silicon Valley where technology has advanced past our ability to understand it. Pied Piper has a great product that it neither fully understands, nor can fully control, nor fully predict.

Favorite gag: That Jian-Yang and Monica both have Richard in their phones as "Bitchard."

Second favorite gag: Gilfoyle finally trying Tres Comas and actually being really impressed with it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One gets the sense from this series finale that the writers' view of Silicon Valley changed over time, from something ridiculous that deserved to be parodied, to something dangerous that deserved to be stopped.

I don't think I expected the level of idealistic self-sacrifice that this episode provided. For all of that, a lot of great little touches, like Laurie being interviewed from prison or Jian-Yang faking his own death and then stealing Erlich Bachman's identity. The best of all is probably Big Head becoming the president of Stanford.

The final beat was appropriate apocalyptic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks