What's new

So What Did Amazon Do to Piss Off Disney This Time? (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Nevertheless, it's infuriating. I have an AppleTV 4K, but I also have a FireStick 4K in order to operate my Fire Recast OTA DVR, and if I have a bunch of stuff on the Recast's DVR, I find I don't even make it to the Apple4K on a daily basis.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Childish attitude and not thought out. Doesn't really matter to me as I have both multiple Amazon and Roku devices and not interested in another streaming service (already have Netflix and Amazon Prime, although I don't use tons of the Prime available videos - mainly for buying other things and it is just a bonus). I also buy much less than I used to and it doesn't bother me if I buy a couple of more/year. There are tons of ads I see already about free TV for streaming (and I'm sure there is a decent percentage of ones that are not legit that studios would like to see shut down) and I expect this won't lead to those decreasing.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Nevertheless, it's infuriating. I have an AppleTV 4K, but I also have a FireStick 4K in order to operate my Fire Recast OTA DVR, and if I have a bunch of stuff on the Recast's DVR, I find I don't even make it to the Apple4K on a daily basis.

Same here.

I am new to FireTV and Recast, but threw down because of the Nexstar/D* shitshow that has caused me to lose access to my local CBS and Fox affiliate. This was our first foray into potentially cord cutting, and thus far we like it.

Although we have ATV, it is rarely used, as we find that we prefer the FireTV (as an Apple fan boy, I can’t believe I am actually saying that), and I was expecting to add Disney+ to the FireTV.

Just another stupid hoop to jump through to access entertainment.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Same here.

I am new to FireTV and Recast, but threw down because of the Nexstar/D* shitshow that has caused me to lose access to my local CBS and Fox affiliate. This was our first foray into potentially cord cutting, and thus far we like it.

Although we have ATV, it is rarely used, as we find that we prefer the FireTV (as an Apple fan boy, I can’t believe I am actually saying that), and I was expecting to add Disney+ to the FireTV.

Just another stupid hoop to jump through to access entertainment.
Wow, Brian, I think you and I are almost complete opposites. I am a non-Apple guy, but Apple TV is my preferred streaming device. I am a big time Amazon customer, yet my other streaming platform is Roku - - I don't own a single Amazon Fire device (we have quite a few Echo devices, though).

Unfortunately, with the current state of streaming, having a couple of different types of devices is probably a good idea.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
After having purchased two Fire TV devices, I'm switching to Roku or something else for any future streaming devices. Amazon blocks too many apps.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I got a Roku device earlier this summer and have been quite pleased with it thus far. The only thing I haven't done yet is cancel my DirecTV account and set up Hulu Plus Live TV to get away from all of the "retransmission fights" that seem to occur on a monthly (if not weekly) basis. I feel for anyone who can't watch what they want just because two companies can't seem to play nice with each other. Didn't we solve the problem of bullies on the playground in elementary school a long time ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks