What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features
full

– Godzilla: King of the Monsters – 2019
full

– Jezebel – 1938
full

– Rocketman – 2019
full

– Secret Life of Pets 2 – 2019
full

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hello RoundUppers!

This has to be one of the biggest weeks this summer for new releases. Lots of varying titles of interest for film-lovers.

Godzilla, Bette Davis, animated pets, classic films, westerns, rock biographies, camp films, Criterion Collection releases, some classic TV...and Tina Louise! :D

I've got Jezebel on pre-order (based on my Thin Man pre-order with Amazon, I hope to get it sometime around Christmas 2023). Someday I'll probably bite on Godzilla and Rocketman.

Thanks as always for all the "likes" and support each and every week. Youse guys is da best.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As always, thank you for your terrific work, Mike!

Two of the best movies of the year come out this week. Rocketman and The Last Black Man in San Fransisco.

Unfortunately, I really shouldn't get both right now because the next couple weeks are also really crowded with releases that I want. So I'm going to get Rocketman now and Last Black Man later. I feel like Rocketman will be something I'll watch more often, of the two. I even (briefly) cancelled my pre-order of it because it hasn't dropped from $22.99 and I'd really like it to be less. But then re-ordered, because I really want to see it again right away.

For my money, Rocketman is far and away the best musical this year so far this year, significantly outclassing the two Disney remakes I was anticipating more. (And I do mean musical -- the use of John's songs in musical-sequence mode, rather than exclusively in performance mode, makes it really stand out among other musical biopics.)

The Last Black Man in San Fransisco is also sensational too, and I think (based on what has been released so far this year) it deserves a Best Picture nomination. If September and October weren't so packed with new releases, I'd probably get it now too, but something has to wait. I'd highly recommend it as a rental to anyone interested who missed it in theaters (and given is ~$4 million gross, that's probably a lot of people.) Here's hoping it finds a larger audience at home.

Last edited:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Already got Godzilla 3D in the mail from Best Buy, guess I'll have to import Secret Life of Pets since they're playing that game again. Also gonna get Let My Puppets Come since I've never seen the full-length version. It's pretty bad, but it's from the 70s!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always Mike!

Just Apocalypse Now on UHD for me.

I loved Rocketman in theaters, but the need to re-watch isn't pressing enough to pay first week prices. I can wait for a sale down the road.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike!

I will definitely pick up Apocalypse Now when the price drops, and may pick up Day of the Outlaw, too. I will probably just rent Rocketman.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
3D of Godzilla 2 is pre-ordered. Will get the 3D import of Pets 2 and the blu of Jezebel at some point in the future.

I can't believe 9 Lives of a Wet Pussy was not a featured title with a picture. :D I also can't believe they're selling it at Target. :eek:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
3D of Godzilla 2 is pre-ordered. Will get the 3D import of Pets 2 and the blu of Jezebel at some point in the future.

I can't believe 9 Lives of a Wet Pussy was not a featured title with a picture. :D I also can't believe they're selling it at Target. :eek:
Thanks - as always - for the Round-Up Mike:D!

I'm getting the um Flash Gordon Serials parody pre-ordered through Target's previous sale ...

My memory is that Target has sold the Xena Warrior Princess (topless) Spartacus series in stores. and that has far more less family friendly stuff than any of the movies you or I have mentioned.

I also remember getting the previously X-Rated "Midnight Cowboy" on Digital Versatile Disc when it came out at Target ... :cool:!

I believe the films (FG and 9LoWP) are only for sale over the interwebs. Unlike Wal*Mart I don't recall getting an age restriction issue at Target.

I ordered Apocalypse Now 4k and Stand By Me 4k from Deep Discount ... at net cost of under $19.00 for each when there was a 15% off sale.

Qty Item # Description Price

1 031398253273 Apocalypse Now: Final Cut (40th Anniversary Edition) - Apocalypse Now $18.27
1 043396551275 Stand by Me - Stand by Me $18.69

I'm sure that Jezebel will be on my shelf eventually ...

EDIT: Target.com has informed me the FG disc won't be um coming this week.
"Hi Bryan,
We’ve got a quick update on the item below. Its new estimated delivery date is September 9, 2019." :(

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For those of you ordering Rocketman from Amazon, has yours shipped yet?

Mine is still listed as arriving tomorrow, but hasn't shipped yet, and it is 3:00 p.m. the day before. They've been shipping things later and later, but this seems extreme.

Is Amazon having a feud with Paramount too? I was only aware of them fighting with Disney.

Edit: 20 minutes after posting this, my shipping notice came through.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
For those of you ordering Rocketman from Amazon, has yours shipped yet?

Mine is still listed as arriving tomorrow, but hasn't shipped yet, and it is 3:00 p.m. the day before. They've been shipping things later and later, but this seems extreme.

Is Amazon having a feud with Paramount too? I was only aware of them fighting with Disney.

Edit: 20 minutes after posting this, my shipping notice came through.
There have been times where I've received a shipping notice later in the evening, and then have it arrive the next day.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My copy of Apocalypse Now hasn't shipped from Amazon yet and it is still listed as coming tomorrow.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Is Godzilla a WB title? They're the only other ones I know Amazon was pissing with, and mine still hasn't shipped; says it's coming Thursday. I haven't had that happen in ages, mostly because I know not to order any Disney titles from them.

Side note, should I preorder Dark Phoenix from them, since Disney now owns Fox? Or is it now dragged into the feud?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is Godzilla a WB title? They're the only other ones I know Amazon was pissing with, and mine still hasn't shipped; says it's coming Thursday. I haven't had that happen in ages, mostly because I know not to order any Disney titles from them.

Side note, should I preorder Dark Phoenix from them, since Disney now owns Fox? Or is it now dragged into the feud?
Godzilla is a Warner title. I don't think Fox titles are being affected yet.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Also affected by the feud (or whatever is going on) are Sony and Universal pressed MOD line via Allied Vaughn. A-V is responsible for the WAC line as well as specifically teh WB 3D line (not including BBY Exclusives which still are under the normal Warner HV banner)

Would I trust Amazon on a Fox title - not if you insist on Release Day delivery.

My Godzilla 3D is waiting for me pickup at BBY. Hoping to grab an Apocalypse Now 4K then too

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My Godzilla 2 3D is on its way from Deep Discount. Purchased during their 15% off sale last week, it was around $26.

Users who are viewing this thread