What's new

Hi I'm having a problem with my Mitsubishi tv WD 73837 (1 Viewer)

1German1padilla1

Auditioning
Real Name
German
I'm having a problem with my Mitsubishi tv WD 73837, when I turn it on the welcome screen comes on then it turns off then the red light start blinking and it won't let me turn it back on. I was told it was the power supply and I went ahead and replaced it, it has a new lamp but problem still exists what can I do? PS. I did the code and it's 12 no error, I reset the lamp cleaned out the set .

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm having a problem with my Mitsubishi tv WD 73837, when I turn it on the welcome screen comes on then it turns off then the red light start blinking and it won't let me turn it back on. I was told it was the power supply and I went ahead and replaced it, it has a new lamp but problem still exists what can I do? PS. I did the code and it's 12 no error, I reset the lamp cleaned out the set .

I'm not familiar with that specific model but most modern electronic devices have similar behavior and also employ a modular design. Your set is failing during Power On Self-Test [POST]. Repairing it will require some systematic troubleshooting but it doesn't have to be expensive. I recently had a similar problem with a Samsung set. I narrowed the problem down to the suspect board and then contacted Samsung. They wanted $300.00 [US] but I found the same replacement board on eBay for $20.00. The installation wasn't that bad for me but I'm a pretty tech savvy guy. If you're not then it may not be worth the effort.

Troubleshooting might go like this.

1) Power is not your problem as the set powers up and couldn't overheat that quickly.
How long before you can power it on again?
2) The Welcome screen appears. That means the system ROM [Read Only Memory] is probably OK.

Have you tried disconnecting all connected equipment and checking whether or not the behavior changes? That would be my next step. If you examine things objectively [troubleshoot] you'll eventually narrow things down to board level.

Again, with prices as they are these days [and depending on your experience and comfort level] it may not be worth the time and effort.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks