Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

Pittsburgh Blu-ray Review
pittsburghtop-1024x814.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think my first viewing of this movie was back on the Million Dollar movie back in the day. I always enjoyed it despite some cliches. As I stated in my blog thread, it's the best I've seen "Pittsburgh" so I'm happy with the BD. Thank you for your review.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Finally got around to watching my copy!

The star power made this far more watchable than the script did. I kept waiting for the narrator to break into a verse of “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” too. But despite those flaws, I still enjoyed it, and that fistfight between Wayne and Scott was pretty great.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Finally got around to watching my copy!

The star power made this far more watchable than the script did. I kept waiting for the narrator to break into a verse of “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” too. But despite those flaws, I still enjoyed it, and that fistfight between Wayne and Scott was pretty great.
Yes, agree with your analysis of Pittsburgh. I think the producers quickly wanted to duplicate the success the three leads had in The Spoilers, but lacked a quality script available at the time. So instead of waiting for a better one to come along, they dropped them into the Pittsburgh film.

As you say, nothing memorable, but it is still fun watching the three wonderful leads interacting with each other on film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, agree with your analysis of Pittsburgh. I think the producers quickly wanted to duplicate the success the three leads had in The Spoilers, but lacked a quality script available at the time. So instead of waiting for a better one to come along, they dropped them into the Pittsburgh film.

As you say, nothing memorable, but it is still fun watching the three wonderful leads interacting with each other on film.
I always thought the fistfight between the two male leads was memorable.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I remember the fistfight from The Spoilers much more than the one from Pittsburgh. But of course, everyone has their own opinions. I do enjoy Pittsburgh, but it’s certainly nowhere near the top of my favorite John Wayne films.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I remember the fistfight from The Spoilers much more than the one from Pittsburgh. But of course, everyone has their own opinions. I do enjoy Pittsburgh, but it’s certainly nowhere near the top of my favorite John Wayne films.
I remember the fistfight from "The Spoilers" more too, but I also remember the one well in Pittsburgh. Obviously, I enjoy "Pittsburgh" a lot, but it's not "Tall in the Saddle" when it comes to the top of my favorite John Wayne films.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks