What's new

American Horror Story: 1984 (starts 9/18/19) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A reminder that the new season of AHS begins tonight. You may need to update your DVR settings if you had it set for last year's "Apocalypse".

MV5BYzRjNjlmMDUtMWFlOS00MmEwLTgwNjItNDI0YmY5NTY2M2YwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_SX800_AL_.jpg

Some of this season's cast:

upload_2019-9-18_13-19-5.png

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The ads for this look fantastic. I DVRed this last night and will most likely keep this for Saturday night viewing....psyched!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought the first ep was pretty good. Great soundtrack (the score and the 80's songs) and lots of ugly fashion and hairstyles. :eek:

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I didn’t care for the premiere. It had the 80s vibe down, but it was neither scary nor funny. Not sure what they were going for. Didn’t work as an homage nor as a satire of the 80s. It just seemed like a tired rehash. I’m sure they’ve got more up their sleeves, but that’s the most I’ve ever been disappointed in AHS so far.

I did like Billie Lourd. She was terrific and it was nice to see her in a more upbeat/badass role this year.

Last edited:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Now that I'm ALMOST all caught up on AHS I'm watching this. Does the lack of posts mean the season wasn't all that good?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It was OK, but as is the case with many of these seasons, what starts as one thing transforms into something else about halfway. I wasn't thrilled with the second half of 1984.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I may be in the minority, but I thought it was horrible. Worst season by far, imo. But then again, I have zero sentimentality toward the 80s and that may have played a part. It’s the only season I have not purchased on blu-ray to keep for future rewatchings.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I did stream AHS: 1984 back in late 2019, and felt it was a solid season. I liked the obvious homages to the iconic Friday the 13th horror franchise. And, the story-line had some interesting "twists" that I found creative.

I recently wanted to buy a physical copy of this season. However, after doing some research - I realized that, not surprisingly, AHS: 1984 was never released to DVD/Blu. Too bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks