Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

Kind Hearts and Coronets Blu-ray Review
kindheartcoronettop-1024x739.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I purchased this during the last Kino sale, but it arrived scratched so I'm still waiting for a replacement copy from Kino. I can't wait to watch it. Kino also has the rights to The Captain's Paradise, but The Ladykillers is still with Lionsgate I believe.

As always, a top-knotch review, Matt!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I have the Blu-ray of The Ladykillers and it’s a nice print of the film and it comes with a good documentary Forever Ealing. Every time I see Kind Hearts it gets better with each viewing.
I have the same BD of Ladykillers. Unfortunately, it's not widescreen, and it should.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Angelo, I have the same Region A,B, Blu-ray of The Ladykillers as yourself. Identical to your photo except my Blu also is labeled Maple Pictures in addition to StudioCanal and Lionsgate...it's copyright is 2010, bilingual French/English packaging and booklet. Looks like the catalog number is 20899.

Now here's the thing with mine...it is labeled, and boldly, as full screen 1.33, on both the jewel case insert and on a card sleeve with identical artwork and design. BUT it's labeled as widescreen on the BD itself!

My copy is definitely in 1.33. Even when I change my A/R to 16:9, it has black side bars that I cannot zoom out of in my TV's other settings...

I don't know if it's a digital file number that's lasered on the play side that Robert wants, in which case I'm sure that mine would be different from yours. Mine appears to be BVDL-079350A1.

The code closest to the spindle on the artwork side on my copy is IFPI OWYJ. Is that the code for the manufacturing plant?

Other than the A/R, it looks very nice. But I hope a better Blu is coming.

Fine review Matt, as usual!

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It looks like (1087753) BVDL 1465290 01E on the darker rim of the layer. The one on the lighter rim just gives me too much of a headache to squint to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks