Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Yesterday Blu-ray Review
yesterday-lead-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the film more than you did. It isn't perfect, but I found it a really entertaining, feel-good film with a good sense of humor and likable characters. To each their own!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I enjoyed the film more than you did. It isn't perfect, but I found it a really entertaining, feel-good film with a good sense of humor and likable characters. To each their own!
I enjoyed the film. I just thought it could have gone much deeper, as a world with no Beatles would have been much different than portrayed.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Nice review. Those live scenes were LOUD in the theater. Not sure if it was just my auditorium, but the crowd noise hurt my ears!

The premise does fall apart in places if you look at it too hard/logically. Also, the philosophical idea of "can you plagiarize music if it never existed" is a fascinating one, but rather than addressing it, the movie just kind of avoids it. It doesn't want to be a movie about that; it wants to be a romantic comedy that celebrates the music of The Beatles, and not too much more. All great fun. I love this music, so I had a great time, but I'm sympathetic to those who couldn't get fully on board.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I loved this movie! Sure, it's light, although there was one scene that really got to me. I also love that the regular BD includes an Atmos track, although for some reason the local library system only ordered it on DVD. (They seem to have greatly reduced the number of new releases that they get on BD recently, which is extremely annoying, but I digress. . .)

My son and I went to see it in the theater expecting a very music-oriented film, which it was, but it's a rom-com at heart. And a very good one. I've been waiting to share it with my wife. (Side note: She only went to see Bohemian Rhapsody because I couldn't get anyone else to go, and even though in IMAX it was about 100 times louder than she can normally stand, she loved it too.)

Say, is there a way to use spoiler tags on this page? I was going to mention that scene, but don't see a way to use anything other than plain text.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks