What's new

The Last Valley gets released on DVD in Germany! (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The Last Valley (1971) with Michael Caine and Omar Sharif gets an anamorphic release on DVD in Germany on December 20, 2019. The old Anchor Bay domestic release was not anamorphic. Kino Lorber has the U.S. rights and when asked about a blu ray release, they indicated the elements weren't good enough for HD. It will be interesting to see what the German DVD looks like. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07X27TZL4/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thomas, thanks very much for this information. I still watch DVDs all the time and have no hesitation about buying new ones. The Last Valley on a half-way decent anamorphic DVD will be far better than nothing. I look forward to hearing about the picture quality.

repave

Auditioning
Real Name
Corey
An excellent film with a beautiful score. I hope the new DVD looks great.

Just got it and....it still looks pretty bad. It's at least in the proper aspect ratio, but it's pretty rough and grainy and the colors are...awful. Some shots look better than others, but it's unfortunately the wide landscape shots that look the worst.

Oz1Abdz.png

close-ups and interiors look better.

nCoSEX3.png

Also, remarkably, there are no subtitles on this release. Oh well.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
The screen shots look disappointing. My recall of this in 70mm was of beautiful vistas and excellent colours. I do recall a comments from the KL Insider that gave me hope for the upcoming Blu.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm waiting and hoping for Kino's Blu-ray disc too. The comments on Amazon Germany about the DVD stopped me from buying that disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks