What's new

Pre-Order Downton Abbey: Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Attachments

• 253258_front.jpg
    253258_front.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Odd to see a Movie pre-order on the TV side, but at least it looks like this sucker will be out in time for the holidays if the pre-order's up already.

I actually didn't know what this was.

I am not a fan of the series. I do know it's a TV show and now a movie.

However, the movie preorder is posted in the Blu-ray area -- but not sure what this release is.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
I actually didn't know what this was.

I am not a fan of the series. I do know it's a TV show and now a movie.

However, the movie preorder is posted in the Blu-ray area -- but not sure what this release is.
This is also the movie. The description on the page is the film plot. It is just a limited edition version of the movie.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
It's a gift set (box o'junk?) for the movie, but the amazon link doesn't list any details. Maybe they should do a limited edition gift set of the actual series, that includes the unedited versions of the episodes that weren't on blu in the U.S.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's a gift set (box o'junk?) for the movie, but the amazon link doesn't list any details. Maybe they should do a limited edition gift set of the actual series, that includes the unedited versions of the episodes that weren't on blu in the U.S.

IIRC, the disc versions are the official UK versions.

AFAIK, Whatever you're talking about as unedited (the PBS versions, I presume?) are more like the Friends Extended versions on DVD than "unedited".

Except for season 1, when PBS hacked footage out for some reason, which is why the "official UK version" thing began.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I went to an advanced screening of this last week and, although I found it a bit predictable and revolved too much around the visit from the king and queen, enjoyed it a lot. But then again I adored the show and have missed it since it went off the air in 2015.

I saw it yesterday, and enjoyed it immensely.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Charming, old-school film-making, when plot mattered more than special effects. Predictably - a bit. But then again, you weren't going to see Downton Abbey to have a killer clown jump out and hack everyone to pieces in the third act. Great to see most - if not all - of the cast come back.

Loved the series. Thought the movie was wonderful, but strangely a bit lacking. I certainly wish this would lead to a continuation of the franchise on PBS. Doubtful prospect, I know. But wouldn't it be wonderful if this became the new Coronation Street of British television?

PS - bring O'Brien back. Every series needs its evil-doer.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Charming, old-school film-making, when plot mattered more than special effects. Predictably - a bit. But then again, you weren't going to see Downton Abbey to have a killer clown jump out and hack everyone to pieces in the third act. Great to see most - if not all - of the cast come back.

Loved the series. Thought the movie was wonderful, but strangely a bit lacking. I certainly wish this would lead to a continuation of the franchise on PBS. Doubtful prospect, I know. But wouldn't it be wonderful if this became the new Coronation Street of British television?

PS - bring O'Brien back. Every series needs its evil-doer.

So many tendrils to connect in a limited time period.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

The developments regarding Tom in particular seemed to leave many loose threads. I bet they're thinking of reviving the series.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The developments regarding Tom in particular seemed to leave many loose threads. I bet they're thinking of reviving the series.
I heard over the wireless that it took in over $30 Million USD in the US, the biggest opening for a "Focus" Feature ...

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yes, and over $61.8 million worldwide in the first week.
It actually beat um more of the same ...
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

upload_2019-9-23_17-12-18.png

It beat the top tow newcomers and was in less theatres ... all of this might be confusing to the Dowager Countess:

weekend.jpg

If the box office continues, perhaps the money people will be looking to put out more quality well-though out dramas.(Or at least publicizing the current ones better) Especially since I understand Downton's budget was considerably under that of Rambo X ... :cool:

Reactions: PMF

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It actually beat um more of the same ...
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

View attachment 63380

It beat the top tow newcomers and was in less theatres ... all of this might be confusing to the Dowager Countess:

weekend.jpg

If the box office continues, perhaps the money people will be looking to put out more quality well-though out dramas.(Or at least publicizing the current ones better) Especially since I understand Downton's budget was considerably under that of Rambo X ... :cool:

If the Beeb could get someone to co-fund it (if that's even possible), I could see a Call The Midwife movie.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If the Beeb could get someone to co-fund it (if that's even possible), I could see a Call The Midwife movie.
I know little about British TV production, other than that Downton is made for/by Carnival ...;) ... I believe there have been some films that were co-financed by the BBC as well ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks