HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

Sony introduces 16K-capable modular screens for the home
1-1-1024x778.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Something like this doesn't give you the ability to place speakers behind the screen. And you can not have a large center channel locking sound onto the screen. Sure they could do what they did to my Sony A9F Oled and use what I think they call a transducer where the sound comes from the screen. But that is not going to be as good as actual dedicated speakers. I am sure the image quality will be very good and on the plus side you do not have to view it in a light controlled room.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Gotta be less than half a percent of all front projector owners (which are already a tiny part of HT ownership, which is already a tiny part of the viewing public) will ever put speakers behind a screen. This argument holds no power. While there is no center channel in the pictured theater it's easy enough for most buyers to figure out how to put a dedicated center below their screen. Math.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Sorry Sam do not see any good places to place a center channel with a modular display this size.

1-1-1024x778.jpg

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Finally another solution

3D capable

The Crystal LED Display System can display smooth, immersive 3D content at up to 60p frame rate that's viewed by audience members wearing active 3D glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks