What's new

International THE ANNIVERSARY on blu ray. BETTE DAVIS (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
The-Anniversary-Combo-Blu-ray-DVD.jpg

I purchased this in Paris 2 days ago and also watched this black comedy...Bette Davis as the nasty wicked mother from hell. It's restored...the transfer is exemplary . The Blu Ray is region B only.
No forced subtitles.

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
View attachment 64038

I purchased this in Paris 2 days ago and also watched this black comedy...Bette Davis as the nasty wicked mother from hell. It's restored...the transfer is exemplary . The Blu Ray is region B only.
No forced subtitles.

Thanks for the heads up but it appears Amazon.france isn't selling it although it is available from a third party seller (Archimedes 75).

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Thanks for the heads up but it appears Amazon.france isn't selling it although it is available from a third party seller (Archimedes 75).

Amazon.fr does seem to have trouble getting stock for BQHL Éditions Blu-rays (I don't know what's going on there). I pre-ordered the BQHL release of Our Man Flint released on September 25th, they cancelled my order stating that they couldn't get any stock, then after a couple of weeks, you could order it, but they warned it could be a wait of 1-3 months, anyway, I re-ordered it, thinking no rush, it'll arrive sometime, & they sent it today.

I think Archimedes 75 is the third party seller I tried for Our Man Flint, & they don't deliver outside of France.

Last edited:

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Amazon.fr had it in stock as of yesterday... I had it in my cart but didn't pull the trigger. FNAC have it in stock. I've always had a great experience with them.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Amazon.fr had it in stock as of yesterday... I had it in my cart but didn't pull the trigger. FNAC have it in stock. I've always had a great experience with them.

I double checked after your alert and Amazon.fr still wasn't selling it. What is FNAC?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
FNAC is a store that sells everything from computers, video, blu rays, dvds, books and cds. I love there because it reminds me so much of Tower records. If it is available on line through them, you should definitely get it....or I'll be in Paris on the 25th and if it has not sold out, I can get it for you.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
FNAC is a store that sells everything from computers,video, blu rays, dvds, books and cds. I love there because it reminds me so much of Tower records. If it is available on line through them, you should definitely get it....or I'll be in Paris on the 25th and if it has not sold out, I can get it for you.

If you can do that, I'd be most grateful. Contact me via private message to work the details out. Thanks again.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Ken, if you think FNAC is good for BDs, I suggest you try Gilbert Joseph near the Odeon Metro, as it knocks FNAC for six. It's an Aladdin's cave of discs,CDs and books.They carry a large back catalogue of titles on both BD and dvd.
It's not too far from the Notre Dame-about a 15 min pleasant walk.
I'll be there Monday.:)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Amazon France is expected to have this back in stock on October 23.

Thomas, Ken already provided a great overview of FNAC, but here's the link to their website if you're interested. They also release a number of Blu-rays exclusive to them. https://fnac.com

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Ken, if you think FNAC is good for BDs, I suggest you try Gilbert Joseph near the Odeon Metro, as it knocks FNAC for six. It's an Aladdin's cave of discs,CDs and books.They carry a large back catalogue of titles on both BD and dvd.
It's not too far from the Notre Dame-about a 15 min pleasant walk.
I'll be there Monday.:)
Gibert Joseph is my favorite store. That is where I bought The Anniversary. I'll be back on the 25th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks