What's new

Rambo III 4k 92 min vs 102 min (1 Viewer)

cine3000

Auditioning
Real Name
Magnus
Hi

I see that the euro version of Rambo 3 4k blu ray is 92 min while the American is 102 min. Does anyone know if it actually is 10min difference between these releases? Or is it a misprint?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If its not a misprint then its DVB speedup. Remember European tvs still run at 50hz which means the refresh rate is locked into 50i/25p which in turn means films are going to be running 4% faster in that standard.

cine3000

Auditioning
Real Name
Magnus
Yeah, but 4% of 102min is not 10min. Its either a misprint or a different cut. I am worried I might get a butchered version of the movie if I buy the euro version. Will I have any issues running a ntsc version over here? Do these things even matter anymore now that players and TVs support different frame rates?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
A 4K disc is going to be 24p. Only PAL and 1080i/50 material runs at 25 frames-per-second, so that shouldn't be an issue. It's most likely a misprint, as I don't believe there were alternate cuts, aside from a second or two of horse falls removed in the UK.

cine3000

Auditioning
Real Name
Magnus
A 4K disc is going to be 24p. Only PAL and 1080i/50 material runs at 25 frames-per-second, so that shouldn't be an issue. It's most likely a misprint, as I don't believe there were alternate cuts, aside from a second or two of horse falls removed in the UK.

Thanks. I ordered the American version, just in case.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Has to be a misprint. The current UK cut is only 2 seconds shorter, to remove a horsefall obtained by a tripwire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks