Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough submitted a new blog post

Days of Wine and Roses Blu-ray Review
dayofwineandrosetop2-1024x574.png

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Thanks Matt ! Pre-ordered mine day 1 weeks ago. I knew it would look Amazing on Bluray. The DVD PQ was very good.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Long awaited and based upon Matt's 5-star review, its more than clear that WAC has hit another one straight out of the park.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thank you for your review for one of my all time favorites. Stark and honest film which is a relevant today as it was almost 60 yrs ago. Superb performances from all involved, great scripting, and excellent direction. No doubt a purchase for me.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
I first saw this in a movie theater in 1962 and I've seen it on tv several times since. It's a tough film to watch with explosive performances. But the scene that blows my mind is in Charles Bickford's greenhouse when Jack Lemmon is drunk. I've gotten so I can't watch this scene anymore. So I'm going to take a pass on this overwhelming look at a terrible subject.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I first saw this in a movie theater in 1962 and I've seen it on tv several times since. It's a tough film to watch with explosive performances. But the scene that blows my mind is in Charles Bickford's greenhouse when Jack Lemmon is drunk. I've gotten so I can't watch this scene anymore. So I'm going to take a pass on this overwhelming look at a terrible subject.
Yes, that's one of the scenes that I have difficulty watching now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the review, Todd. Like @Robert Crawford and @filmnoirguy , I have a difficult time watching this film. However, it's a special film for my wife, who has strong memories watching it with her mother (my wife's dad was an alcoholic who died from liver cancer). My wife is fine with the DVD version we already own, so I may just stick with that one.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I received my Blu-ray today, but I won't be able to play it this weekend. It's the kind of film, I have to be in a certain mood to watch in its entirety.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A Certain Mood ???? I wish mine came today. I would watch it immediately !
I'm sorry, but the film's subject matter is a downer for some of us that had experienced such issues in their personal lives. With me, it was a family member which is the reason why I've never been drunk in my life and I still don't drink alcohol to this day.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I'm sorry, but the film's subject matter is a downer for some of us that had experienced such issues in their personal lives. With me, it was a family member which is the reason why I've never been drunk in my life and I still don't drink alcohol to this day.
Good Man Robert ! .... I never drank, smoked, or touched drugs. A very Clean and Healthy life is Best.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
But each perspective is unique unto itself. Some of us have had shattering similar experiences, yet respond differently to the material. And living permanently straight and clean offers no guarantee of uprightness and judgement in other regards. As with so much else regarding the human animal, it’s complicated. I’ve long wanted this title on Blu-Ray, and eagerly await its arrival.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
But each perspective is unique unto itself. Some of us have had shattering similar experiences, yet respond differently to the material. And living permanently straight and clean offers no guarantee of uprightness and judgement in other regards. As with so much else regarding the human animal, it’s complicated. I’ve long wanted this title on Blu-Ray, and eagerly await its arrival.
I always thought it was given that all of us are unique and that each of us make good and bad decisions in life because we're not perfect, we're just human.

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.

There is special channel on SiriusXM featuring the audio of some Johnny Carson Tonight Shows. I just heard one from the mid-1970s with Jack Lemmon as a guest. Carson mentioned that scene in Days of Wine and Roses and Mr. Lemmon said it was one of the toughest scenes he ever did, a grueling day-long emotional and physical endurance test. Then he said something went wrong with the film in the lab that night and they had to re-shoot the whole thing all over again the next day.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
There must be production issues with this disc. I preordered a couple of months ago from Amazon, with a release date of 10/29. There was no movement at all on the order, then yesterday they added an availability date range of 11/22 to 12/10.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No production issues. I got mine from Target the day before release and almost every other order from every other retailer was delivered last week. Or at least no reports that I can find of any other retailer missed a preorder delivery time

Repeat after me -- it's an AMAZON ISSUE like normal like pretty much all WAC titles for the last 9 months or more.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
There must be production issues with this disc. I preordered a couple of months ago from Amazon, with a release date of 10/29. There was no movement at all on the order, then yesterday they added an availability date range of 11/22 to 12/10.

Amazon always does this with freshly released Warner archive titles

Took months before Gaslight was ”in stock ”

days of wine and roses I had to get from eBay on release day

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks