What's new

Has anyone seen or purchased a Vava UST Projector? (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I haven't seen it in action, but the price seems rather high given its contrast ratio.

Are you in need of an ultra short throw solution?

JSHeacock

Agent
Real Name
Jack Heacock
I haven't seen it in action, but the price seems rather high given its contrast ratio.

Are you in need of an ultra short throw solution?

I'm doing some comparison 'shopping' prior to going EITHER 85' Sony 900F or a 4K projector/screen. I really don't want to hang a projector off the ceiling though and the USTs seemed more interesting. I've seen Robert Zohn's comparison review between the Optoma P1 and the LG 4K UST projectors.

I would love to have a larger than 85" diagonal image. I just want a system capable of faithfully reproducing a large image with the clarity that a 4K source will convey without the distraction of a keystone, fading edges, or requiring a pitch black room.

Edit: or without spending a mint or spending a bunch of time making adjustment after adjustment to get a picture I'd get with the 85". So yes, I'm looking for the right UST solution.

JSHeacock

Agent
Real Name
Jack Heacock
Wow - you're right. I didn't even notice the 3,000:1 contrast ratio - compared to the Optoma at 1,500,000:1 contrast ratio. That's low as hell. Seems the user reviews posted on the site are a little bogus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks