What's new

Hometheater 2.0 (1 Viewer)

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
Hello, my Name is Linus im from Germany and i want to upgrade my Homecinema. At the Moment i Use an Beamer from BenQ (W7000), a cheap Motor screen 16/9 250cm wide, for Audio i use an Teufel Cubycon 5.1 an for control a Logitech Harmony remote.

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
The last 5 Years i this Homecinema set was absolute ok for my use. I used it once a month. Now my kids are old enough so i have more time to watch a Movie. It is great to watch „the Minions“ with my kids in the Home Cinema.

So i think it is Time for my Hometheater 2.0

Last edited:

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
The room is 5 meters long and 3,90 wide. The beamer is in an extra room behind the home cinema i have an breakthrough for the lens. The screen is mounted on the blanket over the 3.90m wall.

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
At the moment the Walls are white plastered. The blanket is also white. I want to built in new powerlines and sockets. After that i want to paint the Room around the screen dark.

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
I am here for understanding what is in 2019 a good hometheater and what components i can use to get an better expirience.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Welcome - That sounds like a pretty decent setup to me as is. To get any suggestions you'll probably need to be a bit more specific regarding where you see room for improvement. I would probably start on the audio side.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would definitely start with audio. You can get a significant improvement from those cube speakers you have now.

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
What i forget is, that in the other room where the beamer is i have an 19 inces servercabinet for the controllers amps....

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
Thanks, John and John. I see improvements in the room (color, acoustics cables....) the Beamer is ok but i thought a new 2019 beamer makes a much better picture an as you write a new audio is essential

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
In future we want to use the Homecinema three or 4 times the week to watch movies over netflix or amazon prime. With and without our kids.

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
What du you think about this Setup?

JVC DLA-N5B with my "old" Motorscreen
I want to paint the walls an die blanket dark grey.

I plan the following 5.1 Setup with Monitor Audio Speakers:
Yamaha RX-V585 MC Reveiver

2 x B5

2 x B2

1 x Center

1 x Sub W10

What do you think about this?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't have personal experience with Monitor Audio speakers, but they seem to be highly regarded, and will most definitely be a huge improvement from the cubes you have now.

The Yamaha receiver is a bit minimal. I don't know what's available to you, but the Denon AVR-X3500H is available in the US on closeout for a great price. Only a bit more than the Yamaha is here. Currently here, the Yamaha is $500 and the Denon is $600, and it's a much better receiver. If you have similar deals in Germany, I'd check it out. Buying last year's model receiver is a great way to get an excellent deal.

Anliru

Auditioning
Real Name
Andre
Hallo, today i was shopping. I bought Speakers from Quadral. Quadral Chromium Style 8
And the Center speaker Quadral Chromium Style 1 Center. For the Sourround i want to use my old
Speakers. Now i dont know what AVR Receiver i should chose.

Yamaha RX-A2080
Marantz SR5015

Denon AVRX4400H

What AVR Receiver would you chose?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Those appear to be excellent speakers. A down side is they are 4 Ohm, which is a real challenge for receivers to power. Marketing will tell you it's no problem, that you should adjust this or that setting, but impedance that low is just rough on amplifiers. Don't get me wrong, all the speakers in my main HT are 4 Ohm, but I have big, external amps capable of 4 Ohm powering them. I don't know that one of the receivers you mentioned will be better than the others. Just look for the features you want. I would also make certain there is abundant ventilation around the receiver, because low impedance speakers will cause it to heat up. I'd probably look into an active (fan powered) ventilation unit to help keep the receiver cool. In the US there is a brand called AC Infinity, but I don't know what's available in Germany.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'd probably look into an active (fan powered) ventilation unit to help keep the receiver cool. In the US there is a brand called AC Infinity, but I don't know what's available in Germany.

I've used AC Infinity to cool my main amp for years. Highly recommended.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've used AC Infinity to cool my main amp for years. Highly recommended.
I've never used one, though years ago I did have a DC fan set up simply to more air through the cabinet. My power amps are pretty much out in the open. However, I did a complete update to my livingroom system, and even though I don't play it very loud most of the time, and the receiver is in an open stand, there's only about 1 5/8" above it. I noticed that even when I'm just playing casual TV watching volume (with 6 Ohm speakers) it gets really hot in there. So, I'm finally getting an AC Infinity unit for it. It's a fairly new Marantz SR7012, so that's a pretty expensive piece of equipment to be baking like that.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I noticed that even when I'm just playing casual TV watching volume (with 6 Ohm speakers) it gets really hot in there. So, I'm finally getting an AC Infinity unit for it. It's a fairly new Marantz SR7012, so that's a pretty expensive piece of equipment to be baking like that.

I seriously bump my stuff. If the system can't keep up then it gets upgraded.

For me AC Infinity presented an inexpensive solution to a [potentially] expensive problem.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For me AC Infinity presented an inexpensive solution to a [potentially] expensive problem.
It’s installed and programmed. Sometimes it doesn’t take much airflow to solve the problem. I’m not sure it’ll ever go past the slowest speed. Maybe up one speed if I crank it up. I’m going to monitor the temp on my front amp downstairs. I do hammer that system from time to time, especially with music.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
It’s installed and programmed. Sometimes it doesn’t take much airflow to solve the problem. I’m not sure it’ll ever go past the slowest speed. Maybe up one speed if I crank it up. I’m going to monitor the temp on my front amp downstairs. I do hammer that system from time to time, especially with music.

Congrats! For me it was basically cheap insurance for my prized components.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. Never knew there was anything like these AC Infinity units.

I went to their site and found these units that sit atop receivers/amps. Is that what you guys are using?

I once bought a little fan which I put in my cabinet with my receiver, but it never really seemed to be able to sit right and effectively keep things cool. Plus, it was loud enough that (even) my wife could hear it if the HT wasn't running. And she's got tinnitus! It just became a PITA.

These things are that quiet?!? And only run when the components gets to a certain temperature? These could be a game-changer!

I've got a brand new Denon X3600h. I want it to last a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks