What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Warner Bros’ 25-disc mega box set, The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series, includes all 279 episodes of the Emmy-winning sitcom on Blu-ray, plus an exclusive bonus DVD of additional features.

The Big Bang Theory (2007–2019)

Released: 01 May 2006
Rated: TV-14
Runtime: 22 min

Director: N/A
Genre: Comedy, Romance

Cast: Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg
Writer(s): Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady

Plot: A woman who moves into an apartment across the hall from two brilliant but socially awkward physicists shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory.

IMDB rating: 8.1
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution:...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't really understand this release.

Are there really BBT fans who would buy this who haven't mostly been buying the individual seasons (or most of the seasons) along the way -- esp since they've regularly been $8-12 each

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Back in the day I bought seasons 1-5 on DVD. Never bought any more of them my disc collection has been so-ever-growing since then and certain potential purchases just fell through the cracks. But I may pick this up if the price ever goes down on it enough.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Back in the day I bought seasons 1-5 on DVD. Never bought any more of them my disc collection has been so-ever-growing since then and certain potential purchases just fell through the cracks. But I may pick this up if the price ever goes down on it enough.

If not, you can bet there'll be a big, cheap Region Free set in the UK. May or may not have that extra bonus DVD disc (which, checking the specs, seems pretty lame content-wise), but you can bet it will end up being way less expensive than any counterpart US set, and will use standard keep-cases instead of the crappy book pages/sleeves thing.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Currently I keep Big Bang Theory reruns playing in the background when I'm at home, before prime time and/or on weekends. (Usually tuned to a basic cable channel).

As to whether I would ever purchase a complete series set like this, is highly dependent on whether I still have any interest in watching The Big Bang Theory when it is no longer common in syndication reruns. I have probabily seen almost every other episode several times already (except for the final season).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
In practice for most tv shows I use to watch, I've found that once a show goes off the the air completely in first-run or reruns, my rewatch interest typically nosedives to almost zero. (ie. The dvd/bluray sets have very little to no rewatch value for me).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(More ranting).

Since I don't really buy many tv show dvds/blurays anymore, I suspect either this Big Bang Theory or a Law & Order SVU complete series set(s) would be the final "complete series" dvd/bluray set I ever buy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I like this show but I get my fill on reruns on TBS. The first couple of seasons are my favorite.

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times...

Season 1 Penny!

sub-buzz-24988-1557861003-7.jpg

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Currently I keep Big Bang Theory reruns playing in the background when I'm at home, before prime time and/or on weekends. (Usually tuned to a basic cable channel).

As to whether I would ever purchase a complete series set like this, is highly dependent on whether I still have any interest in watching The Big Bang Theory when it is no longer common in syndication reruns. I have probabily seen almost every other episode several times already (except for the final season).

Keeping in mind syndication (sales to local stations) and cable (and network (such as MeTV)) reruns are different things. Some programs (such as All in the Family, Three's Company, Barney Miller, Soap) have different versions on some cable stations (such as TVLand) then the syndication version. Some episodes of some programs (Twilight Zone, Cannon) are not available in syndication but have been shown on cable and broadcast networks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks