What's new

2019 16" Macbook Pro buyers and owners thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Placed my order.
Space Grey
Base i9
Upgraded video card
1TB
32gb

With Government contractor discount and fast shipping It was $3109 to Delaware.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh, how I dislike iJustine. God Bless her for making a living with that "shtick" but the reactions are just over-the-top.

"I need a moment".

Been a rough morning with ordering my MBP.

I actually placed and canceled 4 orders in a span of 20 minutes.

I was on a chat with Sam Posten and someone else. Had no idea who I was talking to and got conflicting opinions on what I should order.

Not Sam's fault by any means. Had no idea I was in a chat with two people.

By the time I finally put in the order I wanted, I was locked out of the Government Employee site for placing too many.

Well, a good 5 hours later I tried again and got an order placed.

I lost four days of shipping time but saved $300. That savings allowed me to go with a higher configuration that cost me just over $4k.

However, I had about $1,800 in Apple Gift Card funds for the sale of my 2015 MBP. So, in the end, not too bad.

Here is my final config...

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 3.09.52 PM.png

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Glad to see our "entry model will suffice for your needs" discussion paid off! :rolling-smiley:

Yeah, I know. Sigh.

The pricing was much better than I expected.

First, I was budgeted for a $2,999 base. It came in way under upon announcement.

Then, the upgrade to i9 over i7 wasn't substantial. Then once in an i9, the bump in spec to the 2.4 was not substantial.

Since I was ordering as a GVT employee, I was saving even more money than I thought.

Yeah, one thing just lead to another and when all was said and done, I had a maxxed out laptop.

The resale should be pretty good on this though. The biggest loss I took was on RAM but I wanted 64GB

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I counseled Ron to get the i9 because he was going to do the spec bump. That didn’t make any sense. If you are going to pay for the faster processor get the faster GPU first. He then double dipped on top =p

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hey it's all good. You can't take it with you when you die so you might as well put it back into the economy, let's stave off that recession! :cheers:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
But also, maybe in 12 months we ditch the foreplay and Ron just immediately orders the mid-to-high tier upgrade, so we don't feel like our opinions were sought for an outcome that was already impending...:lol:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just trying to avoid the definition of insanity ;)

But seriously: Congrats on your new machine! May it bring you many years ... months ... 12 months of joy!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Also Ron, just to be clear that I'm totally joshin' with you in good fun, I am the owner of three bikes (one of which I don't use and will be looking to resell) that exceed most MBP build prices, and a fourth that is the price of an entry level MBP. It's not like I have eight legs and arms, and four butts to ride them all. And all are bikes that are built for way better/stronger riders than me.

Nice things are nice to have. TM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks