What's new

Last Christmas (2019)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Title: Last Christmas

Tagline: Who doesn't have a little Christmas baggage?

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama

Director: Paul Feig

Cast: Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding, Emma Thompson, Michelle Yeoh, Patti LuPone, Rob Delaney, Lydia Leonard, Sue Perkins, Peter Mygind, Rebecca Root, Jacqueline Ramnarine, Jade Anouka, Laura Evelyn, Ingrid Oliver, Liran Nathan

Release: 2019-11-07

Runtime: 102

Plot: Kate is a young woman subscribed to bad decisions. Her last date with disaster? That of having accepted to work as Santa's elf for a department store. However, she meets Tom there. Her life takes a new turn. For Kate, it seems too good to be true.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
The wife dragged me to this kind of Rom-Com that I guess Universal is hoping will sleeper-through the next two months and make back its $30 million budget and then some.

Overall, it wasn't as bad as I feared. We get Emilia Clarke, the cute cupcake from Game of Thrones, in the female lead. We get Michelle Yeoh, still looking fabulous at 57, Emma Thompson, not faring nearly so well at 60 but still an excellent actress, and Henry Golding of "Crazy Rich Asians" as the male lead. The movie drags for the first hour but comes alive in the last half-hour with a twist that works.

Also, George Michael's music is basically the soundtrack, and even though I was never a fan, my 50-something self is now ready to acknowledge what my 20-something self wasn't back in the day, namely that he really was a talented musician. The music works.

B-

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We just went to see it. I enjoyed it, and was totally surprised by the plot twist. My wife enjoyed it up to the plot twist and then hated it!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I like Paul Feig so I've been tempted to see this, but boy, the reviews have been brutal!

I'll probably wait for the Blu-ray...

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Absolutely loved this movie. So charming and it had the magic. I have not seen a rom-com this charming in a long time.

It just pushed all the right buttons for me. Yep, I'm giving it 10/10 for what it is. I'm also glad they managed Emilia Clarke's eyebrows in this. "Me Before You" was unwatchable for me.

People always think they are staying spoiler free when they say there is a twist. That's a huge spoiler. Just saying there is a twist is a spoiler, even if it is not explained. ;) When you are watching the movie and know there is a twist coming, you can guess it. So I'm glad I didn't visit this thread before. And I pray for a better day where in reviews they never mention there is a twist!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks