What's new

Pre-Order Look Who's Talking 30th Anniversary (1989) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71x0hmuCB7L._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

As an Amazon Associate Home Theater Forum will earn from qualifying purchases.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'd be curious to see the movie again to determine if it still seems as awful now as it did 30 years ago!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I saw it at the theater then and I've ended up with it on both laserdisc and DVD since, it's bad but a decent "stupid" movie. For this release they should track down the kid(s) who was in this and interview them.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I saw it at the theater then and I've ended up with it on both laserdisc and DVD since, it's bad but a decent "stupid" movie. For this release they should track down the kid(s) who was in this and interview them.

Why? None of them would remember any of the shoot!

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Always loved this movie. Didn’t know it had a bad reputation. It’s a delightfully quirky premise entertainingly executes. The first sequel was nice too (pun intended!) I’m curious about any special features for this “anniversary edition”. Will it even have any? I’ve noticed certain so-called anniversary editions having no special features at all.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The first one was cute. The second one was okay.* The third one was awful, and that was the line for Travolta before Pulp Fiction turned things around for him.

Were any of them worse than Battlefield Earth?

*There were previews advertising Richard Pryor as a voice actor in it, but Damon Wayans replaced him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Always loved this movie. Didn’t know it had a bad reputation. It’s a delightfully quirky premise entertainingly executes. The first sequel was nice too (pun intended!) I’m curious about any special features for this “anniversary edition”. Will it even have any? I’ve noticed certain so-called anniversary editions having no special features at all.
I'm not sure it has a bad reputation and don't let a few critics change your perception of the movie.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
It's a fluffy, innocuous '80's American comedy, neither more nor less. I prefer Amy Heckerling's other '80's comedy, Fast Times At Ridgemount High though. That one's a classic. I quite enjoy revisiting my teenage years - all those synthesizers and electric drum machines on the soundtrack, the excruciating fashion, the hair, the plastic.

The '80's was the least cool era ever, which is in itself, very cool. This is a photo of me in the early '80's. I looked far worse than John Travolta then and I look far worse now.

80s fashion victim.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Always loved this movie. Didn’t know it had a bad reputation.

It didn't have a bad reputation with me. I always thought it was funny and sometimes even insightful. Maltin's annual guide gave it 3 stars. Travolta demonstrated again that he's a very talented actor when given fine material. And this was back in the days when Kirstie Alley was actually sort of attractive.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I love the scene where she is talking about that child psychologist “Dr. Spock” and Travolta’s character mentions something like “She’s getting all worked up over a Vulcan!” since Alley previously appeared as a Vulcan in Wrath of Khan.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I saw them all on TV in the early 90's, or around that time, and I enjoyed them. I always thought the sperm and egg scene (#2?) was funny, and I we used it in biology class once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks