What's new

Which TV series previous released on DVD would you like to see released on blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The holy grail for me is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I remain hopeful it will happen someday.

I'd also like to see Babylon 5, which JMS says could be done rather inexpensively, but he says Warner has no interest in doing the show.

I would love blu-rays of Get Smart (which looked so good on DVD), The Fugitive, The Man from UNCLE. I'd like to see them do more seasons of The Avengers too.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Hi Sam. I too would like to see Star Trek Deep Space 9 on Blu-ray. The same with Babylon 5. I thought that I read somewhere it would be too expensive. It is nice to know that that is not the case. I agree about the Fugitive. All The Avengers episodes from 4,5 and 6 have been released on bluray in the UK. I would also like to see what remains of season 1 and seasons 2 and 3 released on bluray. However these episodes being made on videotape might prove to be more problematic.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Time Tunnel

The Odd Couple
The Time Tunnel *has* a BR release. It's a region free release that looks excellent and has great sound.

Amazon (MP vendors with several at almost half the price of DD) & Deepdiscount. Amazon has it incorrectly listed as R2 - it's region free and works just fine on US BR players.

Last edited:

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Which TV series previous released on DVD would you like to see released on blu-ray?

The first season of The Wild Wild West (CBS/1965-1966).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’d love to see I Love Lucy completed on Blu, including full length versions of the Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour shows. Id happily settle for just the episodes without commercials.

The missing Treks, of course.

Just started Have Gun Will Travel on DVD and that seems like it could shine with its black and white location photography.

M*A*S*H, original 4x3, option to remove laugh track - basically just upgrade the DVDs.

Disneyland episodes from when Walt was the on-air host.

I don’t think we’re getting any but Deep Space Nine and Voyager would be the biggest quality leaps. And Lucy would allow me to complete my collection of absolute favorite classic shows in HD (the rest of my big ones are out, with those titles being Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Honeymooners and Dick Van Dyke Show).

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Columbo, Emergency and The Fugitive (and these should all have existing HD masters).

Route 66 - not sure about the condition of original elements.

The rest of I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show (at least through the B/W years).

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The good news is that several of those have already happened, ClassicTVMan.

Two choices I feel are realistic for me would be Combat and Emergency. The former was always expensive and used lackluster transfers from the 1980's. And Emergency! at times could look pretty bad on DVD and was later beautifully remastered, but only in time for the last two releases.

I'd sure love to see the rest of I Love Lucy get the treatment that season 1 and 2 got, but I sadly don't think there's a chance. But Emergency! in particular is one I'm surprised hasn't happened from a company like Mill Creek already.

Maybe Universal isn't willing to license it out yet.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Buffy/Angel
The Originals: S5 (for some reason, they released the first four seasons on blu, but the Fifth (and final) is DVD only)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
How about these?
Mission: Impossible (1966 TV series)
Mannix
The Brady Bunch
The Odd Couple (1970 TV series)
The Immortal (1970 TV series)
The Magician (1973 TV series)
Happy Days
Petrocelli
Laverne & Shirley
Taxi
Mork & Mindy
Angie
The Bad News Bears (TV series)
Police Squad!
The Powers of Matthew Star
Cheers

~Ben

Last edited:

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Murder She Wrote
McCloud with the original season one movies
Ironside all 8 seasons
Emergency
Mash
M Squad
The Third Man
The FBI
Walker Texas Ranger
JAG
Perry Mason
The Odd Couple

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
As far as a re-release goes, I would only like Mission Impossible done on Blu-Ray. While others being re-released would be nice, I have no interest in double dipping (never got MI on DVD).

The only thing really left for me on my want list is Dream On. They only released two seasons on DVD, so I guess it is a re-release of sorts. Would be great on blu-ray but as far as that goes, I guess I can dream on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks