What's new

75’HDMI cable (1 Viewer)

Woody110460

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
I purchased a new LG 75” 4K tv. I need to replace my old component cables with HDMI. I have read a lot of reviews of cables the day they stop working after awhile. Since this has to be ran through the wall, under my house and into a closet I am looking for a recommendation for HDMI cables. Should I go Fiber Iptic or regular HDMI. Should it have a built in signal booster? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I would try the cable before you run it to make sure it works and be very careful if you are pulling the cable where you put tension on it. I think that is pushing it, but there could be a cable out there that works. If it works before running it you may want to install a smurf tube in the areas where its running through a wall to make it easier to replace, or run cat5 along with it so if you need to switch to an extender that uses cat 5 in the future you are all ready to go.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
After replacing a 60' HDMI cable twice over 4 years, I finally replaced the cable with an HDMI extender over cat6 and it's been working perfectly for over 4 years. I no longer use HDMI cables over 35' because they do not last and can struggle with 4k HDR DV.

I would run two cat6 cables. One for a 4k extender and a second that can be used for an IR repeater or future items.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks