John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Title: Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime

Director: Mark Molloy

Cast: Eddie Murphy, Taylour Paige, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Judge Reinhold, John Ashton, Paul Reiser, Bronson Pinchot, Kevin Bacon, James Preston Rogers, Giovannie Cruz, Damien Diaz, Joseph Aviel, Ambur Marie, Amanda Fields, Sean Liang

Plot: Axel Foley returns to Beverly Hills to investigate corruption within the force of the Beverly Hills Police Department with his daughter and her ex-boyfriend, after the death of an old friend.
Looks like Paramount and Netflix agreed to a license deal for the next installment. Wonder what the plot will be this time

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My guess is that street-smart Detroit cop, Axle Foley, will return to Beverly Hills to solve a crime and will run afoul of the Beverly Hills police department's prim-and-proper way of doing things. Attempts at hilarity will ensue.

I wonder if Judge Reinhold and John Ashton will reprise their roles as Rosewood and Taggert. I know the last film explains Taggert retired. However, Ashton has previously stated he would entertain reprising The role

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
John+Ashton+Jerry+Bruckheimer+Hand+Foot+Print+UvnJ1Ut6n7ql.jpg

Do you really want everyone back?

Eddie Murphy has not aged much. It's amazing.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
The first two movies are great in my book. I always thought there was the potential for AT LEAST one more good one, but Murphy really needs to bring the funny. I’ve read quotes from the director of 3 saying Murphy was purposely trying to play it more serious for that movie, and I think it shows. Though there were definitely more problems than that with 3! I’ve always rooted for a 4th one to be made none the less.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The first two movies are great in my book. I always thought there was the potential for AT LEAST one more good one, but Murphy really needs to bring the funny. I’ve read quotes from the director of 3 saying Murphy was purposely trying to play it more serious for that movie, and I think it shows. Though there were definitely more problems than that with 3! I’ve always rooted for a 4th one to be made none the less.

so have I. I thought the 3rd one was just bad and even Eddie Murphy has said over the years that he didn’t want to leave the Franchise in the shape the BHC 3 left it in

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only thing I vividly remember from Beverly Hills Cop III is George Lucas!

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I thought the plan was already this year. Either way I’m highly anticipating this!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So it's a spin-off. It's an Axel Foley spin-off. It's not the real deal! :D

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
So it's a spin-off. It's an Axel Foley spin-off. It's not the real deal! :D
I know, right? I mean, why would they take the cop from DETROIT and give him his own solo movie? It’s called BEVERLY HILLS Cop, not DETROIT Cop! NO ONE is asking for this spin off!!! C’mon Netflix…!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
According to an interview I saw with Murphy some time ago, he had been resisting reprising this role until Jerry Bruckheimer agreed to take on production responsibilities. Since that does not appear to have happened, I'm a little dubious about this project.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
According to an interview I saw with Murphy some time ago, he had been resisting reprising this role until Jerry Bruckheimer agreed to take on production responsibilities. Since that does not appear to have happened, I'm a little dubious about this project.
Bruckheimer is listed as a producer in the IMDb and Wikipedia listings about the film?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread