What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 11-26-2019
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

full

Big week for me. I've got Christmas in July, The Holly and the Ivy and Fiddler: Miracle of Miracles on their way to me as pre-orders from Amazon.

I didn't even realize until I started searching for this week's movie poster artwork that Angel Has Fallen was a sequel to the films Olympus/London Has Fallen. Has anyone seen this? Any good (at all)? I'm doubtful because I don't even remember hearing that another sequel was in the works or had been released.

Safe shopping, Rounduppers! Especially on Black Friday! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've seen "Angel Has Fallen" and it's on par with the prior two films. I'm not sure if I'll buy the 4K disc or just purchase the digital. It depends on the holiday pricing over the next couple of weeks.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It's the Turkey Knapp!

Thanks for the prices, Mike. I have All About Eve on order from the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale, but that's it for me. We will see what Black Friday brings online (no store visits for me).

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just one on pre-order for me:
Robocop (Limited Edition Steelbook)

I'll head over to my local Barnes and Noble for the Criterions.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't even realize until I started searching for this week's movie poster artwork that Angel Has Fallen was a sequel to the films Olympus/London Has Fallen. Has anyone seen this? Any good (at all)? I'm doubtful because I don't even remember hearing that another sequel was in the works or had been released.
Angel Has Fallen actually did better at the domestic box office than the last film, London Has Fallen ($69M vs. $62M).

Haven't seen it yet, but will definitely pick up the disc at some point.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

Fiddler: A Miracle of Miracles is great. I saw it in theaters and thought it was fantastic. I'll get that at some point, but I don't want to pre-order anything for next week until I sort out what stuff I may or may not get on Black Friday.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette is really bad. I hate to say that because Richard Linklater has made several movies that I absolutely love, and he's got a talented cast, but this one is a dud. Basically nothing in that movie works. I would not recommend it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My goodness, Mike, you're getting earlier and earlier with your excellent RoundUps!

I did get the review for The Bells of St. Mary's in under the wire. That review can be found here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Matt! I've fixed the grid and added the link.

I probably should have highlighted The Bells of St. Mary's in the "Features" section. I guess I figured that it wouldn't be a significant upgrade over the 2013 Olive release. But now that I read your review, I think I figured incorrectly.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Maybe The Bells of St. Mary's. Otherwise, nothing for me. Thanks as always, Mike!

Not as good as Olympus Has Fallen, but significantly better than London Has Fallen. Definitely the most humor of any of the three, too. If you want an action movie that doesn't require a ton of thinking, you could do worse.

I caught it in Fresno when I had several hours to kill before a red eye flight back east. It was an enjoyable enough way to pass the time and stay out of the heat.

Users who are viewing this thread