Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Good Boys Blu-ray Review
GoodBoys-feat-1024x576.jpeg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Whoa! I haven't seen this film, but, I heard good things about it. Comedy is the most subjective of all film genres. I'm waiting on that digital pricing to drop before purchasing on iTunes.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
After seeing the previews, I expected the worst from this movie... and was pleasantly surprised to find a pretty good comedy.

It's less gross-out/profane that the trailers indicate, and it's much sweeter than you'd anticipate.

It holds up well to additional viewings - I actually liked it more 2nd time around.

I wouldn't call it a comedy classic but it's funny and endearing!

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
It's less gross-out/profane that the trailers indicate, and it's much sweeter than you'd anticipate.

It holds up well to additional viewings - I actually liked it more 2nd time around.

I concur. As I said when it came out, it's the typical Seth Rogen MO. Lure you in with dick jokes and then stealthily make you "feel" when you aren't expecting it. I thought it was sweet and funny.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's not a classic or anything but it's funny and has alot of heart amidst the profanity and craziness. My biggest gripe was that the trailer gave away nearly all the best jokes but that's not the movie's fault.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's not a classic or anything but it's funny and has alot of heart amidst the profanity and craziness. My biggest gripe was that the trailer gave away nearly all the best jokes but that's not the movie's fault.

I actually thought the trailer didn't include most of the good stuff, but I tend to like smaller moments of comedy than the "big laughs" trailers feature.

It's the trailer that made me think the movie would be awful! :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Whoa! I haven't seen this film, but, I heard good things about it. Comedy is the most subjective of all film genres. I'm waiting on that digital pricing to drop before purchasing on iTunes.
This morning, I finally watched this movie and I have to say I agree with those that enjoyed this comedy. I laughed out loud more than a few times and thought it was pretty funny throughout the film. As I stated comedy is the most subjective of all movie genres and this movie proves that is true as I know Todd didn't like it nor was Tino impressed by it. I thought it was fun movie and will revisit it again with the audio commentary.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
To be clear, I really liked the film. I thought it was very funny. I just thought it would be a bit better. I’ll pick it up when It hits iTunes for $7.99 or less. ;)
That wasn’t my impression, but l’m glad you liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks