What's new

Black Friday Blu Ray Deals?!?! Not one at either Best Buy or Wal-mart (1 Viewer)

Dave>h

Second Unit
Reviewing my local BB and Wal-mart Black Friday flyer i was shocked to see absolutely no ads for Bluray titles (DVD, UHD etc too), not one.

I live in western Canada and I remember even last year there was at least a page of deals but this weeks flyer, NOTHING.

Are other areas seeing this as well? Is Physical media really that passe as to warrant no advertising at all?

I guess streaming has really taken over!!

Dave>h

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Reviewing my local BB and Wal-mart Black Friday flyer i was shocked to see absolutely no ads for Bluray titles (DVD, UHD etc too), not one.

I live in western Canada and I remember even last year there was at least a page of deals but this weeks flyer, NOTHING.

Are other areas seeing this as well? Is Physical media really that passe as to warrant no advertising at all?

I guess streaming has really taken over!!

Dave>h
I too live in western Canada and Best Buy has gotten rid of Blu Ray and DVD long ago.

and as for deals on Black Friday, I’ve never seen deals on Movies. Not any significant ones, anyway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There are many discs listed on my local US Walmart BF flyer.

upload_2019-11-21_13-54-55.png

I'm not sure in what quantities they'll be available. Many of these are marked as "minimum per store" of 1-3 copies.

Dave>h

Second Unit
OK, good to see there are still some advertising in the US. My point is that physical media has basically died here at least from an advertising enticement to get you into the store scenario. There is still a small (and getting smaller all the time) section for Physical media but it is definitely on the way out...

I guess I will have to do all my shopping on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks