What's new

Michael Jackson Movie from 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Producer (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
John Logan will pen the screenplay for the movie, which is not yet set up at a studio.

A movie about the life and career of Michael Jackson is in the works from Graham King and his GK Films.

For the film, King will work with the Michael Jackson estate, which granted the producer the rights to the late singer's music.

John Logan, the Oscar-nominated writer behind The Aviator, Hugo and James Bond movies Skyfall and Spectre, will pen the screenplay. A studio is not yet attached to the project.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Why they are doing this? What A-List actor would accept to do this? A-List director? I bet no one. Then there is no way they are going to get nominated for any awards, Golden Globes or Oscars. So why?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Why they are doing this? What A-List actor would accept to do this? A-List director? I bet no one. Then there is no way they are going to get nominated for any awards, Golden Globes or Oscars. So why?

Casting seems tough because MJ went through such a radical change in appearance.

How does one actor go from the fresh-faced black guy of "Off the Wall" to the... whatever he was of "Invincible"?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
John Logan, the Oscar-nominated writer behind The Aviator, Hugo and James Bond movies Skyfall and Spectre, will pen the screenplay. A studio is not yet attached to the project.

Ugh. Besides the dicey subject matter, this is reason enough not to see this. I have never liked anything I have seen that John Logan wrote. (Yes, that includes Gladiator and the Bond movies, which were huge disappointments.) Not my cup of tea.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't see any major studio backing or distributing this. If it gets made, it would seem the only way it gets released is on a streaming service, and I'm not sure they'd want it either.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There is supposedly a biographical, family sanctioned musical in the works for Broadway too - I don’t see how that’s viable right now either.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
If there was ever a movie that would be best served by having the main character be completely CGI and voiced by an uncredited actor, this would be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks