What's new

René Auberjonois has passed at 79 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
RIP.

He was also great in King Kong ‘76 and The Eyes Of Laura Mars.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very sad about it. He was great in everything. I always hoped we'd see him as Odo one more time.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Very sad to read this news.

Benson. Boston Legal. And guest appearances on so many other series I like. Memorable appearances in several Altman films, among others. Such a wonderfully talented and versatile actor.

R.I.P., René.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
He was the first actor I ever met in person, at my very first Star Trek convention, I think I was nine or ten. Those were the days when you could meet people without having to pay extra fees for the experience, and I remember waiting on an extraordinarily long line, and how he seemed to have boundless energy and enthusiasm and kindness, particularly towards the small, awkward boy that I was. One of those things I’ll never forget.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
RIP. Sir thank you for providing comic relief when I needed it at times

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I had the pleasure of meeting Rene at the Las Vegas Star Trek convention a few years ago, where he spoke to Lauren and I for a few minutes. He was an incredibly gracious guy, and left a lasting impression. It's really unfortunate that cancer has taken another person too soon.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

¶ I remembered him in three parts from the seventies:
McMillan & Wife: “Once Upon a Dead Man” (1971)
Rod Serling’s Night Gallery: “Camera Obscura” (1971)
Baa, Baa, Blacksheep: “Small War” (1976)

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite characters he played is a french psychologist on The Bob Newhart Show who comes to Chicago and stays with Bob and Emily.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Sad news. Not a big Star Trek or Benson fan, but remember seeing RA in numerous other films/TV shows over the years, and he always cracked me up - even when he wasn't trying to be funny.

The last thing I saw him in was a small but important role in Kelly Reichardt's excellent film Certain Women (2016).

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
When I collected the Star Trek franchise, the only series I had seen in full was TOS. I purchased DS9 Sight unseen. When I saw the opening episode, the meeting with Sisko , Odo and quark was hilarious. Sisko asked Quark to be the community leader. QUark laughs and Odo compares Quark to a Politician.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Odo was a brilliant creation - it shows how an idea that can sound silly on the surface can be Shakespearean in the right hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks