What's new

Problem with LG OLED55E6V Picture (1 Viewer)

Dave_QP

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
HI All

I'm having a problem with a lighter bar top and sides of my LG OLED55E6V picture, it can't be seen all the time, is this something the picture cleaning will fix or do I need to go see the shop I bought it from?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
Dave

IMG_0592.jpg IMG_0594.jpg IMG_0622.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like burn-in. If so there isn't much you can do. Have you been playing video games, X-Box or Play Station a lot on this display?

Dave_QP

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
no never played any games on it and I can't think of anything we watch that would cause burn in top and sides like that :(

willyTass

Supporting Actor
My my what a coincidence

years ago I saw the same thing on plasma TV’s and owners reported that theY watched varied full screen content

I saw it on my tv as well

here is a link to other people who have the same problem

a competent TV repairman would be able to explain why it happens
But these days they just swap out boards after a diagnosis so they don’t get the training they used too

when it does get fixed please post back on the diagnosis

https://www.avforums.com/threads/pioneer-5090-strange-screen-defect.1717556/#post-23797071

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Try panel shift in the settings. That helped reduce my burn in a lot.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Is it? To quote Edward Longshanks

Dave , did ur TV viewing involve varied movie content with varying aspect ratios ?

did ur tv viewing have occasional movies or broadcast TV that occasionally took up the whole screen ?

if so burn in is the unlikely diagnosis

Dave_QP

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Just normal sky tv viewing, we don't really watch many films on that tv so it's very rare it's letterboxed or (pillarboxed) content, it's pretty much always full screen, it is on a long time though, I tried the picture clean but it's made no difference

Thanks for the replies, I guess I need to show the guys a Richer Sounds see what they say

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thanks Tino it's already on, I did have the TV professionally setup and calibrated when I bought it
Panel shift takes an hour. Even tho it’s on I would do it again. Mine was on too and when I ran it it cleared up a lot of burn in.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
Just normal sky tv viewing, we don't really watch many films on that tv so it's very rare it's letterboxed or (pillarboxed) content, it's pretty much always full screen, it is on a long time though, I tried the picture clean but it's made no difference

Thanks for the replies, I guess I need to show the guys a Richer Sounds see what they say

which couldn’t possibly cause that 1 inch perimeter defect

it can’t be burn in

as per that pic on the uk forum it looks much like yours

I mean the 2016 oleds from LG were the most prone to burn in because they had to drive them harder to overcome the nit reduction from the 3 d filter but even the Colour differences between the perimeter and the fence palings suggest I,ts a component failure

Users who are viewing this thread