What's new

Bose System 38 failure (1 Viewer)

Cubfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
My subwoofer has died and I am wondering if the remaining equipment is worth keeping. Can the speakers be used for anything else. Bose says no, but I have read the comments from other forum members and agree that Bose is great for marketing. Product reliability is a whole another story.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
My subwoofer has died and I am wondering if the remaining equipment is worth keeping. Can the speakers be used for anything else. Bose says no, but I have read the comments from other forum members and agree that Bose is great for marketing. Product reliability is a whole another story.
I would agree that Bose isn't much of a real speaker maker. Their pro stuff is good, but consumer is just awful.

If you have a budget in mind, we can help you choose some equipment that will sound far better than your Bose equipment and will last much longer.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, the bass module (it's not even remotely a subwoofer) is required for the speakers, since it has the EQ necessary to make the barely usable speakers functional at all. Sorry for the bluntness but they're just not worth the trouble.

Cubfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Yeah, the bass module (it's not even remotely a subwoofer) is required for the speakers, since it has the EQ necessary to make the barely usable speakers functional at all. Sorry for the bluntness but they're just not worth the trouble.
Thanks John for the blunt answer. I appreciate the honesty. It’s time to take them out to the curb. I suppose I could eBay the remotes and other items, but I just don’t have the desire to sell someone else my junk.

Cubfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
I would agree that Bose isn't much of a real speaker maker. Their pro stuff is good, but consumer is just awful.

If you have a budget in mind, we can help you choose some equipment that will sound far better than your Bose equipment and will last much longer.

thanks Dave for the reply. I will probably be looking at something that is budget friendly. Costco has a nice Yamaha TSR 7850 for under $400 and I would be looking for wired or wireless. Presently I have for my home theater an old Yamaha receiver, Bose accoustimas speakers, and Yamaha rears. I have always liked good equipment, but those were the good old days. Now retired with hearing aids, the times are a changing. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks