What's new

Multi-room Bluetooth and sound bar issue (1 Viewer)

EnginEEr19

Auditioning
Real Name
James Mark
I am new to this forum and searching (here and google) did not pull up anything close to what I am doing.

The original set up is a LG sound bar with Bluetooth sub, connected to Toshiba TV via optical cable.
What i am trying to do it have sound out of my sound bar and sub but also have a separate Bluetooth speaker in the kitchen so we can hear the talking in the movie from the kitchen and not blast the sound bar (MIL is on other side of TV wall). The kitchen is open to the Family room that has the TV. I am trying not to run speaker cables or buy a receiver to have this.

What i have purchased an optical splitter (LiNKFOR SSPDIF/Toslink 1x3) and an optical to Bluetooth converter (1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter) and a Bluetooth speaker (OontZ Angle 3 from Cambridge Soundworks). Yes all of it is from Amazon.
I was trying to do is split the optical cable signal and out put to the sound bar and to the Bluetooth converter so I can play both the Sound bar and the Bluetooth speaker at the same time and to turn off the Bluetooth speaker. Sound great in theory, but I can't get any sound out of the Bluetooth speaker from the TV content. I follow instruction to pair the speaker but then once it is paired the sound bar cuts off.
Any clue on what I should try besides get a receiver and 7.1 speakers multi zone setup (would be awesome but expensive).

Quick background as a teen I had a full 5.1 Cerwin Vega set up with floor speakers that had 15" subs and a 12" power sub. I rocked the house often. I have since sold or donated all the components, trying to stay smaller and cheaper but we will see.

Thank you

EnginEER19

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As far as I know, bluetooth usually only travels about 10-15 feet. It's not my area, though, but that's my first guess.

EnginEEr19

Auditioning
Real Name
James Mark
As far as I know, Bluetooth usually only travels about 10-15 feet. It's not my area, though, but that's my first guess.
The Bluetooth transmitter says a long-range of 100ft. But I tried to get it to work right next to the TV, no luck.
Thank you

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Bluetooth can be really blinkey. You might have to try out a number of different transmitters and speakers before you find a combination that works. Just make sure there’s a good return policy on each piece you try.

Oh yes, if the TV has another audio output besides the optical that works simultaneously, you might try that too.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

EnginEEr19

Auditioning
Real Name
James Mark
Bluetooth can be really blinkey. You might have to try out a number of different transmitters and speakers before you find a combination that works. Just make sure there’s a good return policy on each piece you try.

Oh yes, if the TV has another audio output besides the optical that works simultaneously, you might try that too.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

I will look into the multiple output from the TV. I guess it back to the internet to find a combo that works.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks