What's new

Hold On (2019)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Title: Hold On

Tagline: Fighting to save her brother from a life of addiction on Los Angeles' Skid Row, an overlooked singing prodigy embarks on an unlikely journey with

Genre: Drama

Director: Tarek Tohme

Cast: Tarek Tohme, Luis Guzmán, Beth Grant, Micayla de Ette, John Savage, Carly Steel, Sean Harmon, Flavor Flav, Deric McCabe, Alvaro Orlando, Maurice Benard, Cemi Guzman

Release: 2019-12-06

Plot: Fighting to save her brother from a life of addiction on Los Angeles' Skid Row, an overlooked singing prodigy embarks on an unlikely journey with the son of a famed music manager.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Having one A-List selection for this week and having run out of movies I really wanted to see, I saw "Hold On" a couple days ago.

I'm glad I did. The movie is about a talented singer and the struggles she goes through to get her music heard while simultaneously addressing family problems. If that sounds like a familiar story, it is, but the cliches work because the acting and directing is sensitive and heartfelt. And the actress can really sing too. The movie does have a gospel/Christian inflection to it, but not overtly so. Just enough of one to make it appropriate for Christmas.

Not a great film, not even a hidden gem, but pretty good.

B

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks