What's new

Please help with audio latency (1 Viewer)

Josh arno

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh arno
So in the hopes of making this explained as simple as possible I won't describe the exact hardware details because I feel it's irrelevant to the question.

So basically I have a Rockville 5.1 surround sound connected through my tv with a 3.5mm aux cable. While I also have a Samsung soundbar and sub connected through the TV's digital input. I realize this isn't necessary or a ideal setup but for my needs that's how I would like to have everything set up. Now the main issue I am having is a audio latency between the 5.1 surround and the soundbar. Obviously it's because the difference in connection of aux and digital input. My main question is if there is a device that can fix this latency issue. The soundbar has a audio delay setting but it's still off by less than 25ms.

The main purpose I need them to be exactly in time is for music creation from my laptop. Even a minute difference makes a big difference. Any help is appreciated. I understand this is a weird setup and there may be no option to fix it.

Last thing to note is the receiver does not has any inputs or outputs that are compatible with the soundbar. And vice versa. Hence why the tv acts as the center connection

Josh arno

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh arno
So because the aux cable isn't the ideal set up for 5.1 surround sound I was thinking of a hdmi to rca 6 channel converter that also has a digital output

Devices HDMI > tv HDMI > converter (two outputs) >1 optical connection to soundbar/ 6 channel rca to surround sound

The device I'm thinking would have a audio sync built in.

I'm still unsure if this would fix the audio latency between the two outputs. I imagine I would be in the same situation only the 5.1 would be real surround sound as oppose to the 2.1 regular rca gives. So it'd fix one issue I've had but I feel like it may even make the delay worse

If specific device models are needed I can provide manual pictures of the connections for all my devices

Josh arno

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh arno
Screenshot_20200117-042121.png
reviever
Screenshot_20200117-042455.png
Screenshot_20200117-042435.png
soundbar
Screenshot_20200117-041225.png
Screenshot_20200117-041206.png
potential converter with appropriate outputs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks