What's new

C’mon Shout Factory Fernwood 2 Night (1 Viewer)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I'd probably get Fernwood 2 Night and America 2-Night eventually, if offered, though neither are must-haves for me.

But, like Lee, the one I really want is Forever Fernwood. I'd love to see the continuation of the MH saga and how everyone moves on with Mary gone. That would be a Day 1 purchase for me, and I seldom make Day 1 purchases anymore.

Of course the reality is that we'll probably never see releases for any of them. Either Sony, or Shout or both, seem to have lost interest. I'm still amazed and happy that we actually got all of MH.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Loved all the Fernwood incarnations, and I generally can't stand Norman Lear...but talk about politically incorrect humor that would be incendiary now, inflaming all the deranged hyenas on Twitter..."Talk to a Jew" phone in segment, with a Jewish business man who was caught and held interminably in a Fernwood speed trap...The Vietnamese boat people refugee promoting his patriotic book Yankee Doodle Gook...Linda promoting the Fernwood nudist colony...the Church of Divine Lemonade...Salvation Army doo-wop choir..."Electrocution Night '78"...Alta Coma California, the "unfinished furniture capital of the world"...Charlton Heston, Robin Williams and George Gobel playing cranky or crazy parodies of themselves...Martin Mull and Fred Willard, "Happy" Kyne (great composer Frank DeVol!) and the Mirthmakers...the most disinterested and dour talk show house band ever... surreal, bizarre and often hilarious...I want it on DVD...

34324254_600557950316235_5134869612684378112_o.jpg

34347211_600558003649563_6446079383911268352_o.jpg

34366434_600558056982891_2062228804872437760_o.jpg

34481968_600558110316219_8622881165868531712_o.jpg

34318032_600558200316210_1872723294310891520_n.jpg

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I'd probably get Fernwood 2 Night and America 2-Night eventually, if offered, though neither are must-haves for me.

But, like Lee, the one I really want is Forever Fernwood. I'd love to see the continuation of the MH saga and how everyone moves on with Mary gone. That would be a Day 1 purchase for me, and I seldom make Day 1 purchases anymore.

Of course the reality is that we'll probably never see releases for any of them. Either Sony, or Shout or both, seem to have lost interest. I'm still amazed and happy that we actually got all of MH.

Forever Fernwood is near or at the top of my list of holy grail shows. If Shout Factory released it, it could be a 13 disc set with 10 episodes on each disc. Seems very do-able but Shout has to be interested to do it in order for it to happen. I'm remaining hopeful that it will be released eventually.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Loved this show when it aired nightly back in the late seventies, both versions America and Fernwood . I'd buy in a second if Shout Factory ( or anyone else ) offers it . Hopefully, there aren't too many music related complications . So, Shout Factory please release this complete series on DVD. BTW, 10 episodes are bonus features on the complete Mary Hartman box set .

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I would love to have Fernwood 2Night and America 2Night. But we're talking 130 episodes. That's gonna be expensive.

Speaking of which...I remember in the summer of 1978, at the very end of the run of America 2Night, Channel 32 in Chicago repeated the first two weeks of Fernwood 2Night in its timeslot. Was it like that in other cities?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
130 episodes with multiple songs in each one. You're looking at another WKRP-level music rights clearance undertaking.

And another customer who would be first in line to buy it if they actually did it.

Last edited:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Forever Fernwood is near or at the top of my list of holy grail shows. If Shout Factory released it, it could be a 13 disc set with 10 episodes on each disc. Seems very do-able but Shout has to be interested to do it in order for it to happen. I'm remaining hopeful that it will be released eventually.
I’ve been watching Shout Factory’s fantastic Mary Hartman box set, and I agree with those who would like to see Forever Fernwood released on DVD.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’d also love to see Fernwood/America 2-Nite released!

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I’ve been watching Shout Factory’s fantastic Mary Hartman box set, and I agree with those who would like to see Forever Fernwood released on DVD.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I’d also love to see Fernwood/America 2-Nite released!
Shout Factory really should have released Forever Fernwood as a complete series soon after the Mary Hartman series was released. I'm trying to retain some hope that Forever Fernwood will get a DVD release, but the hope is fading. Also, Shout Factory seems to have gone off on some other tangient and has gotten away from classic TV releases on DVD. Such a shame.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't part of the Fernwood Tonight series included in the Mary Hartman set?
yes, 10 episodes, as stated earlier in the thread.

If music clearances for home release are a problem, perhaps it could be syndicated to someone like Me-TV or Decades (where music clearances aren't as much of a problem). At least it'd be out there somewhere.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Maybe one of the streaming sites will get ahold of it. I believe its a Sony property. Tubi and Crackle have a lot of the old Sony shows. I know its not the same as DVD, but at least it will get it out there to be enjoyed.

Taylor * D

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Taylor
I've been patiently waiting for Mary Hartman to be added to the CTV app in Canada. Nothing yet, but it seems like everything else from their TV catalogue is there haha. Well everything but MH and All in the Family.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks