What's new

Audio Delay (1 Viewer)

Daniel Aguilar

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Hello all, I have been reading here a lot, but first time writing because I have thought a lot about to hook up my stuff, but I am still lost.

I had an Insignia TV, not 4K, had a HDMI switch to the ARC on TV, the switch to the ARC in on soundbar, it is a Vizio Smartcast 38" 5.1, and everything connected to the switch. it worked...

Until I got a new Samsung 4K TV, and the soundbar is not 4K... so 4K doesn't work.

Only option I found was connect the Soundbar to the TV through an Optical cable (Because I am using the HDMI ARC input for a FireTV Stick, those don't work on the switch)

But the sound has a little delay sometimes, so I don't know if it is because it is on Optical, it is the Soundbar, or the source. Never had a problem like that before through HDMI ARC.

Or maybe you help me find another way to connect them. Best scenario will be have the sound from TV through HDMI ARC to Soundbar.

Thanks

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I don't understand why you need to use the HDMI switch. Do you not have enough HDMI inputs on the TV? Can't you hook the Firestick to another HDMI input and hook up the soundbar to the ARC HDMI? If you have to there may be some audio delay settings in your TV you can look at using.

Daniel Aguilar

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
TV only has 2 HDMIs, and I have an Xbox on the other one.

But it ended up being the optical cable... i changed it for another one, and it works now.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks for the update- I have not heard of an optical cable causing a delay before. It doesn’t make sense as it’s just a piece of fiber, but glad it solved your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks