What's new

Quentin Tarantino's "Bounty Law" TV series (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
https://screenrant.com/tarantino-once-upon-time-hollywood-show-bounty-law/
from the article:
In an interview with Deadline, Tarantino revealed he plans to write and direct all five episodes of Bounty Law, a real-life version of the '50s TV series starring Rick Dalton from Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. The filmmaker had mentioned writing the TV show spinoff early on while promoting the movie, but this is the first time he's firmly committed to directing it, too. As for his inspiration, Tarantino told Deadline he "ended up watching a bunch of 'Wanted', 'Dead or Alive', and 'The Rifleman', and 'Tales of Wells Fargo'" as research to "get into the mindset" for Bounty Law.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well whatever network this shows up on I'm game!
A real dream come true for me, as I just said one full episode would have been great. We are getting five!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think it’s kinda funny/ironic/whatever that he wants to create and make a show inspired by those wonderful half hour 50s westerns, but says he’ll need at least a year and a half to make five half hour episodes. For the amount of time Tarantino is taking, a show being made back then would have produced at least a full season and a half of episodes, and seasons were 39 episodes then. Even pilot season and going from pitch to pilot back then was shorter than that.

Not that I’m not interested, but I would have loved to have seen Tarantino working with the kind of conditions and deadlines that the shows he’s trying to emulate were made under. I think that would be an interesting challenge for him - write five scripts in five weeks based on availability of standing sets and conforming to 1950s broadcast standards, shoot one a week, have each one going through post as he’s directing the next one, have each one ready to come out one after the next. It’s so antithetical to how they work today that it would be a great experiment for both Tarantino and the audience.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Quentin Tarantino was recently on a podcast and mentioned he had a limited 8 episode series coming to Netflix. He said all episodes are written and ready to go. I'm not sure why he couldn't come out and say it was 'Bounty Law' which he said he had five episodes written over a year ago.

So yeah, 'Bounty Law' is coming to Netflix IMO. Unless he decided to shelf it and work on something completely different...which I high doubt!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quentin Tarantino was recently on a podcast and mentioned he had a limited 8 episode series coming to Netflix. He said all episodes are written and ready to go. I'm not sure why he couldn't come out and say it was 'Bounty Law' which he said he had five episodes written over a year ago.

So yeah, 'Bounty Law' is coming to Netflix IMO. Unless he decided to shelf it and work on something completely different...which I high doubt!
I assumed it was Bounty Law too but I chuckled at how excited the host was since I can't see that many people caring about a faux 50's western. Fortunately, Netflix will just hand QT a blank check and let him do what he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks