HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

Portrait Displays announces Calman calibration support for Panasonic HZ2000 TV
unnamed-3.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

OLDTIMER

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken S-B
Sounds like a great TV. I like the idea of a built-in test pattern generator and calibration system. Trouble is that not all Blu-ray and 4K discs maintain a common standard. My Panasonic 55FZ950U 4K OLED has one of its picture modes "tuned to Hollywood Standard characteristics" but because discs vary so much in various parameters I find that I am forever varying settings away from "standard". The most common variations between discs are Brightness (black level), contrast, color saturation, sharpness, and Gamma. Fortunately I am able to adjust these quickly in the menu.
I can understand the reason for a "standard" setting if one is producing video but I wonder how useful it is with the variables mentioned above. (Except perhaps to see just how far from "standard" a disc actually is.)
Nevertheless, I am happy to see that Panasonic are continuing with their improvements and additions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks