Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Parasite (2019) Blu-ray Review
Parasite_feat-1024x683.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Great review. Skipping the Blu as I purchased the MA digital UHD for $14.99. Tremendous film.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I also skipped the Blu in favor of purchasing the digital through Vudu.

This was one of my favorite films of last year.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This man is amazing. I own MEMORIES OF MURDER, THE HOST, MOTHER and SNOWPIERCER, and would love to own OKJA but for the fact that Netflix has that one held hostage in its streaming program. PARASITE never showed up at any theater within reasonable driving distance (although it might now, for a week or so), and I am very anxious to see it released to physical disc. Sounds like a first-class act, and now an Oscar history-maker several times over. Congrats, sir!

P.S. Can't edit my header, but I can add this: the movie is already on Blu-ray, and I have just ordered it.

81VBn9QM6IL._SX385_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Parasite-Blu...ds=parasite&qid=1581321649&s=movies-tv&sr=1-4

I have also ordered Joon-ho's first feature, BARKING DOGS NEVER BITE (DVD only), which sounds cool as hell.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Now that Parasite has won OSCARS for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay and Best International Film, perhaps and hopefully this tremendous film will get a UHD release?

Carol Mitchell

Auditioning
Real Name
Carol Mitchell
This man is amazing. I own MEMORIES OF MURDER, THE HOST, MOTHER and SNOWPIERCER, and would love to own OKJA but for the fact that Netflix has that one held hostage in its streaming program. PARASITE never showed up at any theater within reasonable driving distance (although it might now, for a week or so), and I am very anxious to see it released to physical disc. Sounds like a first-class act, and now an Oscar history-maker several times over. Congrats, sir!

P.S. Can't edit my header, but I can add this: the movie is already on Blu-ray, and I have just ordered it.

81VBn9QM6IL._SX385_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Parasite-Blu...ds=parasite&qid=1581321649&s=movies-tv&sr=1-4

I have also ordered Joon-ho's first feature, BARKING DOGS NEVER BITE (DVD only), which sounds cool as hell.

I'm with you on Okja & I think it's unfair of them to not release it on DVD & Blu-ray, especially after Parasite's victory at the Oscars.

So, I was thinking, maybe we could start a campaign to make it happen.

What do you say?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm with you on Okja & I think it's unfair of them to not release it on DVD & Blu-ray, especially after Parasite's victory at the Oscars.

So, I was thinking, maybe we could start a campaign to make it happen.

What do you say?

Of course, PARASITE was not a Netflix production, which is why it's already available on Blu-ray. OKJA, on the other hand, is a Netflix film, and we can hope they offer it to Criterion or someone.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I just read this will be an upcoming Criterion release announced 2/13/20. So I and others basically wasted $20 for this bare boned release. Drats!
Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned here or did I miss it?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just read this will be an upcoming Criterion release announced 2/13/20. So I and others basically wasted $20 for this bare boned release. Drats!
Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned here or did I miss it?
You missed it. Post #8, above.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks