What's new

Dark Shadows' John Karlen has died at 86 (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Really enjoying his Carl Collins Character on DS currently.

I have to admit it took me a while to get used to his take over of Willie. I felt the first guy was among the most disturbing villains on the show. But Karlen brought something to the character that made it much better after the "adjustment" from Barnabas. I became a huge fan of the character and actor. Carl has been a wonderful surprise. I'm in the 730s currently.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
willie barnabas.jpg

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Very sad. One of my favorite actors from Dark Shadows. He will always be remembered as Willie but he played so many other great characters on the show.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
He really seemed like a really nice guy. I'll bet it was amazing if you got a chance to meet him somehow. I wish I'd gotten his autograph if he was doing them.

His interviews are some of the best. I like how he had so much freedom to define the show. and how he felt he was in a sweet spot, not like Frid who was drowned in lines. :D

sure glad he is in both movies. I still need to watch the second one. I will watch the first again first.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Sorry to hear of this news. I always felt sorry for the bullying Willie suffered at the hands of Barnabas. I enjoyed the actor so much I enjoyed when he popped up elsewhere. Very memorable as Harvey. I also enjoyed his brief visit to Hill St.

RIP sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks